X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zida T810B-SE mainboard, filled with Licon caps

yep panasonic.

Hi all,

I'm happy to find this forum, have read here many usable informations about caps, etc..
    I recently came across a Zida T810B-SE mainboard, filled with Licon caps, which has no visible sign of leaking or bulging, but the mobo doesn't make it to POST. Do you know anything about these caps, are they like the g-luxons?

TIA,
    -w-

Comment

Don't forget that many things other than bad capacitors can cause a board to fail...

--Randy

Comment

Originally posted by wigyori
        I recently came across a Zida T810B-SE mainboard, filled with Licon caps, which has no visible sign of leaking or bulging, but the mobo doesn't make it to POST. Do you know anything about these caps, are they like the g-luxons?
        As Bushytails wrote, other things can fail, but also caps can be bad but look perfectly normal on the outside. I've had some like that, and a few months ago, one Fuhjyyu brand cap in an Antec PSU bulged but the others looked and tested fine, yet a week later one of those "good" caps bulged and tested bad. These were tested with an ESR meter, which is supposed to be able to detect a lot more cap defects than a multimeter or capacitance meter can.

Comment

I just recapped 3 badly bulging Licon's on an Atrend mb. I didn't have any caps on hand so I pilfered three rubycon's from another dead one. There's another 5 still on the mb. Prior to the recapping, the computer would lock up after about 15 minutes of usage. I've been using it now for about an hour. Cross my fingers that it'll hold up. They were 1000uf, 6.3v
          Life is good, go play in it!

Comment

(deleted)
            capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Originally posted by wigyori
              I recently came across a Zida T810B-SE mainboard, filled with Licon caps, which has no visible sign of leaking or bulging, but the mobo doesn't make it to POST.
              Check the buck controller. I have had two of these boards with dead buck controllers (fixed one of them, the other one is still lying in my mobo pile waiting for ummmm... don't know what...).

Sry4OT
              s

Comment

Hi,

Exchanged all caps on that T810B-SE, still no POST. However, I'm not familiar with replacing buck controllers, could you point me to some 'howtos'?

TIA,
                -w-

Comment

(Maybe someone of the moderators could split the thread)

First start with checking the supply voltage of the processor. If it is something like 1.3V instead of 2.0V (like it should be in case of a Celeron Mendocino) and the powergood signal (check the datasheet of Unisem US3004 (IIRC that was the one on these Tomato boards)) stays at 0, then it's probably time to replace it (IMHO no special howto needed for that - just desolder/solder it like any other surface mount component).

Comment

wigyori and kc8adu : sorry i messed up the thread split a little and i cant fix it because i am not mod here.
                    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
                    X