Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Originally posted by sawilson View Post
    Yeah, there's still some shadowing there. I honestly think the suction cups were the problem. Which pisses me off. I will not use them on a panel again.

Ok well this blows my theory on VCOM low voltage to the panel.
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
      you never really answered the question as to whether the suction cups had "valving" for releasing air / vacuum? Also, how did you actually apply them... blaming them for this might not solve any future issue if it was "operator error", regardless of what cup system you used.
      He showed a pic of the ones he used in post 59 in case you missed it - not sure if you can see in the pic what your looking for or not...

Comment

I saw the picture but it does me little as its just a picture without any info associated with it (make/features) plus how he actually used it which is more important.

Comment

Those suction cups are glass suction cups ! You lay the round black rubber base on the glass then squeeze the two handles together to create a suction to the glass .
          They are used to carry heavy sheets of glass safely .
          I am really surprised they did not crack the screen when used ? they are very strong .

Comment

Only used them to move the panel itself. Was very careful. But I've been wondering if that may have caused it. Here are the ones I used.
            How many did you used? No metal bar for support? you had an extra set of hands? right?

I plan on building one myself with aluminum pipes and about 6 suction cups.

Comment

I wonder why if one is not so an expert in repairs he begins to make experience with a giant 70 inches tv. Your problem now it's much probably a bad led replacement i bet one ball of mine.. i bet also that at the end of led replacement you dont have tested for several minutes the backlight without panel and sheets on top. Just fo curiosity, are you wanting to resell it or keep it for your self? At how much you resell it in the USA? In Italy i've sold a 60 inches about 2010 led no smart tv for 400 euro=322$...

Comment

I only used two. Had another person help me carefully remove it. Its what was instructed to use by shopjimmy.com. the picture is beautiful except for the shadows. I've worked on other smaller Tv's replacing boards and such. Never had a problem till this one. And yes I know the problems I'm facing were self inflicted. Have never denied that. I did check the backlighting before replacing the panel, all looked well. Brightly lit. What's odd is when watching cartoons, the shadow is barely visible. No shadow, just slightly darker colors as the surrounding.

Comment

I've seen this before. This may not be self inflicted.

Like I said before I've seen this a few times on trhese 70 inch panels. Even ones that didn't have the surgery.

http://vizhdtv.com/display-problems-...e701i-a3e-tvs/
                  Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

n/a
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-28-2018, 06:23 AM.

Comment

n/a
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-28-2018, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                        I've seen this before. This may not be self inflicted.

Like I said before I've seen this a few times on trhese 70 inch panels. Even ones that didn't have the surgery.

http://vizhdtv.com/display-problems-...e701i-a3e-tvs/
                        parts for this e701i-a3 and e601i-a3 model Vizio are plentiful on eBay. to me this mean a lot of failed LCD panels or crack screens. I will lean more toward the failed panel than crack screens. I avoid buying these model Vizio TVs unless it power on and I see a clear picture

Comment

Originally posted by ecking767 View Post
                          parts for this e701i-a3 and e601i-a3 model Vizio are plentiful on eBay. to me this mean a lot of failed LCD panels or crack screens. I will lean more toward the failed panel than crack screens. I avoid buying these model Vizio TVs unless it power on and I see a clear picture
                          The picture was clear with no flaws just dim backlighting in spots. I replaced the backlight a now have a bright crisp picture except for the shadows. They weren't there before. Its driving me crazy.

Comment

What's weird is the shadows don't stay black. They change with the changing colors if the scene. Its just the dark scenes are really dark in those spots. If you press on the panel in those spots, they lighten to match the rest of the picture.

Comment

there is probably some form of distortion (physical) on the plane of one of the layers. I asked earlier about the use of the suction cups... did you use them to lift the entire panel / tv set or just to remove the layers?

since your set is somewhat "disfunctional" in its present state, you might consider "re-do" the disassembly of the layers and subsequent re-assembly... maybe some thing happen during reassembly (air pocket / vacuum pocket) that is causing the "pressure pattern".
                              Last edited by budwich; 02-28-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

there is probably some form of distortion (physical) on the plane of one of the layers. I asked earlier about the use of the suction cups... did you use them to lift the entire panel / tv set or just to remove the layers?
                                I only lifted the screen/panel out once everything was disconnected. Barely weighed anything at all.

Comment

No!!!! they are talking about the strips and tabs on the SIDES not the Bottom!!!

Comment

you never really answered the question as to whether the suction cups had "valving" for releasing air / vacuum? Also, how did you actually apply them... blaming them for this might not solve any future issue if it was "operator error", regardless of what cup system you used.
                                    These are the ones.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the picture now.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Only used them to move the panel itself. Was very careful. But I've been wondering if that may have caused it. Here are the ones I used.
                                        Did you purchase those from shopjimmy? Everything has specs, and if not perhaps the one's you used applied too much force to the panel. Or as freak mentioned, this may have been there all along as it occurs in this particular panel per the link he provided.

Note: shopjimmy states their version is rated for 55lbs. Also note this info provided by shopjimmy:

"IMPORTANT: Release the cups' suction from the screen when not in active use."

They don't say why to release them, but if it's important it must cause damage or that statement would not have been added.

Comment

I did not purchase from shopjimmy but it is the identical ones. They were released the instant the screen was removed and hit the pad.

Comment

Working...
                                          X