Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 70in Vizio m70-c3 replaced led's now picture screwed up.

So I should go ahead and pull the other seven off?

Comment

Yes. Remove the other 7
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

So it looks like these are sandwiched between the top panel and another sheet of some sort. They are not just stuck on the back to be pulled up. So either I cut them at the side panel or just tear them off? The pic you're looking at is the underside of the panel. Help please...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sawilson; 02-14-2018, 05:52 PM.

Comment

This is a side shot showing the sandwiched tab.
          Attached Files

Comment

Right. The panel is about a 1/32 thick. , It looks like layers but it's actually one panel just pull up and peel away.

Use your index finger and thumb on one side and peel up just like you're pulling tape off of a package. There's going to be a little resistance just pull slowly
            Last edited by freakaftr8; 02-14-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

That did it guys!!! Now I've still got some dark spots on the screen which looks like stuck pixels but the picture is crystal clear and colors are perfect. Gotta figure out how to get the dark spots off but I'll keep trying. Will post pics tomorrow after work. Any advice is greatly appreciated...
              Last edited by sawilson; 02-14-2018, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Good job. Yeah post some pics well go from there.

Comment

New pics. You can see the dark spots. They do change color they just dont seem to go fully away. I'm running a stuck pixel program overnight to see if it helps. Any advice is again, greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for all the help to this point.
                  Attached Files

Comment

its not a stuck pixel issue. You need to ensure that the tab bonds have been cleanly removed with NO "leftovers". If that doesn't resolve the problem, then the odds are that you may have issues along the bottom edge boards where those tab driver cables may have been compromised during your "led operation". :-(

Comment

I know there is a little piece on the first one. I'll pull it tomorrow. Honestly didn't think it would cause any issues. I'll pull it tomorrow and update here with pics. Could a small piece cause this?

Comment

No. This is a mura problem. Personally seen this a few times with Sharp LCD panels. Probably not repairable. But I always wondered if it's a low voltage condition in the panel. I'm sure tcon is doing what it's supposed to so, however the panel need a more drive voltage. Just an opinion.

Comment

What would cause the mura?

Comment

I'm not sure but I know it's a manufacturing fault. Sometimes a hard press on the panel as if it was resting up against something not enough to make it crack can cause this also.

I think it has something to do with too much current going to one part of the panel and not another

Comment

It would be interesting one side of the panel looks this bad with the other side disconnected

Comment

disconnect the tcon to panel cable on the same side that you have removed the side tabs for and see if there is any difference. It is strange that in your first picture after the tab pull that it appears relatively ok versus some of the subsequent ones... although with out a known test pattern, it is possible all are bad and I just don't know what the display should be. My guess is you have issues on the other side also as your care on your repair might have been a bit light :-) check the other side for any signs of a problem... be careful not to do much to the tabs anywhere... probably doesn't matter much at this point. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                  I'm not sure but I know it's a manufacturing fault. Sometimes a hard press on the panel as if it was resting up against something not enough to make it crack can cause this also.

I think it has something to do with too much current going to one part of the panel and not another
                                  Any thoughts on the possibility that undue pressure was put on the panel by the suction cups? I know shopjimmy suggests them, but are some cups OK and some not perhaps?

In this post member Diah suggests they can cause damage to the panel.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...mage+lcd+panel

Comment

that is a good likelihood based on the "pattern". what kind of suction cup did you use to take apart the panel layers? ones with "valving" to relieve vacuum / air? hopefully you didn't use them to lift / move the complete set.

Comment

The previous owner may have had it lying face down on something and caused the "pressure" mark(s). When you transported it home, did you have it lying face down on something? As budwich stated, the only suction cup you should use are the type that have push button suction and lever relief valve. Otherwise, you're sure to cause damage.

Comment

Only used them to move the panel itself. Was very careful. But I've been wondering if that may have caused it. Here are the ones I used.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

So I should disconnect the tcon board on the right sight to see what it does? What should I look for?

Comment

Working...
                                          X