Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One drive part - white plastic arm in DG-6M2S-01B

Hi all -

I'm trying to source this white plastic arm from a DG-6M2S-01B Xbox One optical drive... does anyone know where to get it? I searched eBay and haven't been able to find one.

When these break, the only option that I have so far is to buy an entirely new drive (and the end customer ends up paying way too much for something that I'm hoping can be a cheap fix).

Thanks in advance!
    -Thomas
    Attached Files
    -Thomas
    I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Re: Xbox One drive part - white plastic arm in DG-6M2S-01B

if they break a lot then try AliExpress.
    the chinese will probably copy them.

Comment

Re: Xbox One drive part - white plastic arm in DG-6M2S-01B

If that white plastic is made of ABS or PC plastic, you can try gluing it back with PVC glue (or any other glue that works on ABS plastic). The glued joint will be just as strong as the original plastic (if not stronger, if you over-apply the glue) as ABS, PC, and PVC plastic get dissolved in PVC/ABS glue. When the glue dries, the glued joint has the same properties as the original plastic.

That said, if the drive has space, you can also add a bit of strengthening plastic pieces on that part to make it stronger. Just make sure to use ABS, PC, or PVC plastic.
      Last edited by momaka; 08-21-2018, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X