Need EPROM dumps for Tektronix 2212

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need EPROM dumps for Tektronix 2212

Long shot, but as the title says i need dumps of EPROMs of a Tektronix 2212 scope.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: Need EPROM dumps for Tektronix 2212

dang...condolences. How did you determine your rom images are toast? Did it fail boot checksum?

I wonder if I should pull the images of my Tek scopes before they exhibit Alzheimer's, except some of the eproms are soldered in...

Comment

Yep. Failed to boot.
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I guess that's the unfortunate part of these computerized scopes...
        My 2465 probably would behave the same if the roms get amnesia, despite being a full analog scope with no storage. I was able to find some EPROM images for 2465s but not the same as the ones I have in the scope. I should archive the EPROMs as I have no clue if they're the same or compatible with mine.

My 2440 is completely digital, no analog display possible. This scope has so many roms as it has three processors (waveform, main, and front panel)... Unfortunately the waveform processor ROMs are actually on OTP ROMs as EPROMs available at the time weren't fast enough at 0WS. No idea how I should back these up...

I think my scopes are 1980s vintage, probably 5 to 10 years older... my eproms are probably teetering on the edge if yours gave up

Comment

Have you checked out over on eevblog ?

Comment

^ ill check over there....

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
            X