No announcement yet.

Windows 10 benefits - Are there any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Windows 10 benefits - Are there any?

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
    Imac G5's ? /Busted
    After the polymod experiment (which someone donated those to me), they were all taken out of service and sold off or given away. I have one working one left, it hasn't been powered up in years.

Originally posted by diif View Post
    Paying removes the nag screen, but not paying doesn't stop you playing. Just like the majority of free games on Android or IOS.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...ows-10-1300794
    Same thing. When you have to pay them to remove spam from an OS supplied game, that good sir, is inexcusable. I wouldn't know about games on 'droid or IOS, but I'll take your word for it. I don't play games on my phone, thats not what its for....but FWIW, I will not use an app that has ads in it. They are immediately uninstalled.

Originally posted by diif View Post
    Nobody is forcing anyone to use the products or companies that monitor/profile and collect data on the users. It's consumer choice, Microsoft just joined all the others that do the same. A dick move for sure for those that are concerned about privacy, but those that really are concerned about being monitored need to think a little more than just their OS doing the dirty on them, when most users are tracked as they browse across the internet.
    (It's only those that take steps not to be that aren't)
    That goes far beyond privacy invasion. PC's in corporate environments containing potential trade secrets of the businesses that use them, no OS has any reason to collect any type of data from those machines...and these exploits are on by default. Just because M$ is rapidly dying off and losing market share doesn't mean they have to jump on the ad-spam-spyware bandwagon, posing further risks for exploits and compromised data (as if M$ software isn't buggy and insecure enough), and now this. Despicable. ...and they wonder why a lot of corporations are steering away from windows all together, or refusing to downgrade to newer versions... I respect your opinion, but M$ operating systems from win8 to present are indefensible.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

I will stick with 7 Ultimate for desktops (Former XP x64 fan) until it dies and Server 2008 for my servers till it dies.

Comment

I'm in no way defending their actions and totally agree that the spying and monitoring sucks, they just weren't the first company to do it and i doubt the last, big data is big business.

Not using Windows 10 doesn't stop users being monitored. There aren't many websites that don't have trackers on them, apart from this one, so a genuine thank you.

I think a lot of the avoidance in the corporate environment is due to the cost in time and the lack of benefit to the business and end user. A decent network will keep the user away from the OS and it's just a platform to launch software.

Comment

Originally posted by kaboom View Post
          Enjoy your two-way mirror.
          We're being watched wherever we go anyway. Privacy no longer exists. I walk outside my front door, and to my right there is a police camera with a flashing blue light. The average person is probably on camera at least 50 times a day. This is the world we live in now.
          ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

there is a big difference between monitoring your browsing,
            and monitoring your keyboard and microphone

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              there is a big difference between monitoring your browsing,
              and monitoring your keyboard and microphone
              Yes, and it's also not like it's a human going over the data. Computers don't care what you look at. They do what they are programmed to do, without passing any judgment. We want everything for free and somehow they have to get paid for their work. So they monitor our browsing and serve us targeted ads. OK, Google has been doing that for over 10 years. What's new about this?

Comment

win10 is monitoring your keyboard and mic,
                you think speech recognition, and word-weighting bsed flag systems arent in full use?

anybody running software that turns your pc into a bug must be fucking insane - no excuses can cover such things.

Comment

Can it be disabled?

Comment

Originally posted by lookimback View Post
                    Can it be disabled?
                    If you do not own the kernel code it will not matter even if you could disable it. Microsoft will only re-enable it. It is already been done in the current release. The sheeple will just keep coming for the free spyware.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                      After the polymod experiment (which someone donated those to me), they were all taken out of service and sold off or given away. I have one working one left, it hasn't been powered up in years.
                      Well, you did buy one... at a thrift store for $10 .

Yanking your chain...
                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                        Well, you did buy one... at a thrift store for $10 .

Yanking your chain...
                        You have one too...neener neener I forgot about the thrift store one.
                        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                        http://folding.stanford.edu/
                        Team : 49813
                        Join in!!
                        Team Stats

Comment

win10 is monitoring your keyboard and mic,
                          you think speech recognition, and word-weighting bsed flag systems arent in full use?

anybody running software that turns your pc into a bug must be fucking insane - no excuses can cover such things.
                          I am not disagreeing that Windows 10 may do that... but the NSA doesn't care about the conversion I'm having with somebody on Skype (I'm sure they record those too) about WooCommerce theme development. What I'm trying to say is, why do you care? Turn off your computer when you do *private* things... otherwise use it productively to get work done like what a computer is for.

Comment

only customers i've had to upgrade to windows 10 on never worked from windows update. both time I had to manually create a boot USB device, and run the update from the flash drive. One required me disabling many drivers before it will update
                            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Thanks, for your replies guys!
                              Btw, can't you disable the keylogging and microphone recording from the settings, block the server addresses for the telemetry data in the firewall and be safe-ish?
                              Last edited by reaper57; 11-20-2015, 06:53 PM.
                              Keyboard not detected, press F1 to continue...

Comment

no, if you block all the addresses, other shit wont work.
                                you need to block them in the router anyway, windows will bypass any software block on those addresses.

i went to the shops today, and some shady fucker followed me all the way there - and back.
                                i went to fuck him up but he said
                                dont worry, i work for microsoft
                                so i ignored him because i already used windows10.

NO, IF THAT DID HAPPEN THEIR WOULD BE MASSACRES.
                                people should never tolerate this stalinist shit.
                                first they gather the data.
                                then they create the profiles.
                                then they start the roundups.
                                then your fucked - because you should have stopped it in the beginning!!!

watch france now for a live demonstration!!!!!

Comment

I saw this earlier today. If they take it upon themselves to delete anything from my computer, they will quickly find themselves with one less user. Though I'm sure they don't care. I don't even see how they could legally do that.

Comment

fanboys will tell you they can do it because it's in the EULA.

hell, they think ms can kill your family if it's in the EULA - they dont understand that criminal law surpasses contractual agreements at all.

Comment

http://arstechnica.co.uk/information...re-reassuring/

Comment

no, if you block all the addresses, other shit wont work.
                                        you need to block them in the router anyway, windows will bypass any software block on those addresses.

i went to the shops today, and some shady fucker followed me all the way there - and back.
                                        i went to fuck him up but he said
                                        so i ignored him because i already used windows10.

NO, IF THAT DID HAPPEN THEIR WOULD BE MASSACRES.
                                        people should never tolerate this stalinist shit.
                                        first they gather the data.
                                        then they create the profiles.
                                        then they start the roundups.
                                        then your fucked - because you should have stopped it in the beginning!!!

watch france now for a live demonstration!!!!!
                                        All while Google Chrome is the new IE6 in popularity, and security too! The biggest web browser on the planet as of 2015 just happens to be the one that will happily give all of your details, browsing history to the NSA/CIA/FBI/ISIS and whoever else it feels like, all while the ceiling cat known as Windows 10 watches you [insert text here]. What were the odds?

Comment

LAWS?...LAWS? We don't need no stinking laws! Just give us all your DATA gringo and we will leave you alone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X