Vizio M3D650SV, Won't Respond To a Remote Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M3D650SV, Won't Respond To a Remote Input

Finally starting to get things back in order here in the Florida Keys after hurricane irma (I refuse to dignify it with a capital name ).

Anyways, the house did not get not flooded but it was a damp environment for awhile. When we first got home several days ago, the Vizio would come on and work normally but after a few minutes the volume would automatically start dropping back to "0". I could force it up with the remote but it would then drop back again when I let up on the button.

Gradually got worse til I now have no control at all with either the regular Vizio remote or with 2 universal ones. No channel switch, volume or input-mode, nuttin. However I can control the major stuff with the little knob/wheel on the side of the case.

Haven't had time to open it up yet, but would appreciate some 'seat-of-the-pants' suggestions. Is everything on one main board ($$ !! ), or is there maybe a simple sub-board that might have gone bad?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Vizio M3D650SV, Won't Respond To a Remote Input

Sounds as though you may still have moisture issues.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Kinda my thought, too.

Without tearing it open (still too busy trying to make the house simply liveable, yet the kids are screaming that the tv doesn't work ), any ideas? Does it have one big ($$$) board or several smaller ones?

I'm asking because I'm trying to prioritize what to do when, and don't want to sacrifice valuable time on a dead duck if it's gonna be a huge mess in the long run.

Comment

Opening it up and cleaning the buttons and connectors may help.

Comment

open it up, power on then disconnect the button board. if it stops altering the volume, then it is most likely a switch within the button board, otherwise it will be a main issue.

make sure that the internals are as dry as possible, or else you will probably end up with more issues.
          WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

+1

Perhaps to speed things up use a hair dryer (carefully) to dry out the circuit boards.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Whenever I have Vizio's that turn's up or down the volume by itself I clean the key controller first with Isopropyl Alcohol to clean it and displace the moisture or grime. If it still does it then I start looking at the IR sensor and once I change it out they usually work fine. Luckily it's rarely in the Main in our repairs. If it is the Main I highly recommend a rebuild by koshevo on ebay for this Main board. Sen does great work.

Comment

Did you ever get it working?
                I believe my IR sensor went bad also.
                Ordered part.

Comment

Working...
                X