Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to turn on a TV without remote or physical buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to turn on a TV without remote or physical buttons?

As said, no remote nor physical buttons. No joystick or wheel either.

Too old for any type of on-screen touch-commands.

Model is Philips 42pf3320/10.

Also, I don´t have access to smartphone with IR port...

Any solution other than magically turning it on by willpower?

Got it as no-tested so could be working as far as I know. Power button turns it on in standby with red diode stable as rock

Thanks in advance
    stay classy

Re: How to turn on a TV without remote or physical buttons?

Have you access to an universal remote?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Eh, forgot to wrote that one. Nope, but I'll have to manage that.

Can't expect wonders to happen, right?

I just can't believe that someone designed TV without physical buttons, nonsense.

Now, if I find universal remote, can I use it on TV in STBY mode? Will that work?
      stay classy

Comment

i had a DL branded one like that a while ago. ended up stripping it for parts, then about 3 weeks later, got my hands on a remote.

the problem with most universals is that it requires you to have the tv powered up first to scan for the right frequency. so not ideal.
        WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

I have bought quite a few remote controls directly off the internet at very low prices.
          I'm sure that there are probably cheaper ones out there.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-UK-STO...-/121541616789

Comment

any cheap remote that requires you input the manufacturer "code" will likely work... IF that manufacturer code is in the remote's "code base". I suspect "philips" is pretty "standard"... and perhaps a few other "code base" may work... eg. magnovox, etc.

Comment

I've been able to find original equipment remotes for all my TV's as cheap as a universal. Don't have to mess with programing
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Use some DVD player or any thing with euroscart (euroconnector) to inputs EXT1 or EXT2.
                Device must have same euroscart connector and good working cable.

Some TV when powered on switch to respective input when attached DVD or device connected is powered on.
                There is one pin signal in that cable that will signal TV that device is powered and TV switch to EXT1 or Av1 etc.

Maybe this can power up too TV from stand-by.

Comment

I agree with "Joe Black". There should be a power on function on mainboards like on laptops. Shorting 2 pads and it turns on.....
                  I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

In this video he has a signal connected to EXT2 and then plugs in the tv which comes on without pressing any buttons on a remote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9YQ6fe08g0

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                      In this video he has a signal connected to EXT2 and then plugs in the tv which comes on without pressing any buttons on a remote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9YQ6fe08g0
                      You have to turn it on first, then it will change sources automatically if you plug in the device that is connected to EXT2/

Comment

Got a original remote, so this is sorted nicely. Original owner found it beneath the closet. Thanks, people!

Now, it just changes LED status from red to green and there's nothing on the screen, even under lamp.

Should I start a repair thread, bearing in mind that this thing is plasma? Any hope?
                        Last edited by Joe Black; 10-16-2017, 02:45 AM. Reason: added info
                        stay classy

Comment

There are many plasma experts on this forum and ofcourse you dont see anything on the screen with a lamp. Its plasma not lcd. ( There are no lamps ).

Start a new thread with good pictures!
                          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
                            Got a original remote, so this is sorted nicely. Original owner found it beneath the closet. Thanks, people!

Now, it just changes LED status from red to green and there's nothing on the screen, even under lamp.

Should I start a repair thread, bearing in mind that this thing is plasma? Any hope?
                            have you looked at the video in post 10 that problem sounds like the one your having too so maybe worth testing the capacitors for esr etc

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                              ofcourse you dont see anything on the screen with a lamp. Its plasma not lcd. ( There are no lamps ).
                              I knew that

Haven't checked the video, sure will. And then start the thread with pics and info.

Thanks a lot.
                              stay classy

Comment

TV working again, just as on the video linked above.

Many thanks to Dick Barton and the others.

So, if someone googles, hopefully he´ll see this:

-PHILIPS plasma TV (many models), turns on but no image (picture)

-Most of the time troublemakers are two elcos on the main board (often expanded visually or cracked), values 3300uF and 10V, both.
                                Last edited by Joe Black; 10-17-2017, 05:56 AM. Reason: added info
                                stay classy

Comment

Now, I hadn´t 3300uF by me, so i put on a combo of 2200+1000 x2.
                                  Any downsides on that?

And, it would be nice if PHILIPS actually produced some parts of it´s TV. (haven´t checked panel tho)
                                  If I wanted SAMSUNG, I´d buy one in the first place
                                  stay classy

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
                                    Now, I hadn´t 3300uF by me, so i put on a combo of 2200+1000 x2.
                                    Any downsides on that?

And, it would be nice if PHILIPS actually produced some parts of it´s TV. (haven´t checked panel tho)
                                    If I wanted SAMSUNG, I´d buy one in the first place
                                    They do? or rather that companies that actually make the tv for phillips usually use off the shelf components short of the main board..(As I believe you already eluded to seeing). I had an old phillips plasma myself which was actually a samsung plasma with a "phillips" speced main board and firmware... I was told phillips got out of the tv making business themselves in 2004 or 2006..
                                    Last edited by augiedoggy; 10-17-2017, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Rebranded funai is what you'll see now.

Comment

Working...
                                      X