LG 60PB5600 Turning Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PB5600 Turning Off

LG 60pb5600 plasma TV turning off after sound is initiated on startup. I thought that this was the YSUS board so replaced it with a new one. Unfortunately, there was a popping noise and then the TV returned back to this original problem.

After research, I figured that I should had also replaced the Y-Buffers at the same time as the YSUS. Ordered these three new boards from Sears but, once installed, the problem persists. No popping noises or anything though. It powers up when I push the button and once the sound comes on it immediately turns off? Any ideas?

I should also add, the reason I originally thought that it was the YSUS is because the tv power will stay on if I disconnect the YSUS board connection from the ZSUS(The YSUS power is routed through the ZSUS on this TV).

Re: LG 60PB5600 Turning Off

pics of entire back of set?

Comment

https://imgur.com/a/KJBFi

Comment

Was not sure I could directly upload the TV pics to this server. Here they are.

Attached Files

Comment

Try running the test pattern by removing the ribbon cable from the logic board (little board in the middle of the set) which goes to the mainboard and jumper the two pads marked EXT_AUTO_GEN on the logic board.
          Attached Files
          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I shall try. What is the best way to jumper those pads?

Comment

So, do I just run a conductive wire from the 2 pads I marked with a red box in the attached picture?
              Attached Files

Comment

You can hold a paper clip to it or soldier a jumper wire to it. Probably best to soldier it so you don't slip and short something out. Simply bridge connection.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaunM View Post
                  So, do I just run a conductive wire from the 2 pads I marked with a red box in the attached picture?
                  Yes.

Comment

They are actually not pads but holes which a paper clip can fit through(as suggested). Just want to make sure I do this right because they are holes(not pads) and I can see the paper clip ends protruding through the back end of the board.

By the way, a HUGE thanks for the help. I have already bought 2 YSUS boards and Y-Buffers and do not want to purchase a power board if it is not needed.

Comment

paper clip will work if holes rather than soldier wire to pads.

Comment

Same issue. Power comes on and tv turns off as soon as sound is initiated.

Comment

You did remove the ribbon cable from the mainboard before doing the test?
                          Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Yes, I did. I did keep the power cable from the power board connected to the main board though.

Comment

i believe power cables to main needs to be disconnected as well i have done this before on plasma and main is to be totally disconnected. The board you're jumping will generate test patterns.

Comment

OK. Shall try that now.

Comment

With both the ribbon and power cable disconnected from the main board there is no power on at all. Even the red stanby light does not illuminate. You can hear the power board click when it is plugged in but the power button from both the remote and on the TV will not power on the TV. Whereas before, the TV will turn on until the sound starts and then immediately turns off.

Comment

it is expected remote won't work as the main is disconnected. with main disconnected and Auto Gen is jumped it will automatically turn itself on and generate pattern. This is how to rule out main issue or problem in y or z.

Comment

Actually, upon looking at the back of the TV, it looks like the logic board actually received power from the main board and there is no direct power cable from the power board to the logic board.

Comment

clearly you still have a problem in y or z sustain, since you swapped out y and buffers i am leaning with you got bad replacement or the z is blowing things. You will need to do short test on igbts on y and buffers and the z. And before you blow your new parts you should hook up bulbs in series to prevent blowing your replacement parts.

Comment

Working...
                                        X