Sharp LC-70LE757U flickering display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-70LE757U flickering display

I wish I had the same luck here everyone else had. TV is now junk. I posted it free on Craigslist Hartford CT for parts. He are pictures of my TV now after peeling the ribbon off.

Attached Files

Comment

I would say that you have some issue with the lower tab that was peeled but not clean... further have you disconnected the edged boards on that side by removing the corner cable. Of course, this is assuming the "poor focus" is the camera and not the actual set... :-)

Further which side did you pull? based on the photo, it appears the right side (from the front view) has an issue.... check the lower right tab driver to ensure that the removal is clean.
      Last edited by budwich; 01-08-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

where can we buy T-con for Haier TV 32 inch

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone in this thread that helped!!! Friend replaced his tv under warranty (costco) and I got the broken one, fixed it within an hour!!!!!! WOOT!

Comment

I would also like to thank everyone on this thread! I had the same problem as described and an hour later its fixed and up and running. Nice TV for free! Thanks again

Comment

I have the rolling line issue as well. Also have a blank line from right to center. Now the screen has frozen. Will this work for me? Also, how do I know which side to remove? It seems like if I remove them they can not be reinstalled.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Thank you to the contributors of this thread. Just fixed my Sharp 70 inch using technique described above. I have minimal know-how with electronics and was able to do it, wife now thinks I'm "handy" lol

thanks bad caps community!

Comment

Just fixed one a friend gave to me. I had to remove the driver tabs on the right. Thanks!

Comment

Hello, so my husband and I just pulled out the left driver tabs and now only one side of the TV is black and the other works well. I feel like we are missing something? We decided to pull the tabs bc the tab burned out the screen and started melting it so we thought it was worth a shot. Any pointers on possibly reviving it? Maybe that wasn't the problem to begin with? Our TV set had all of the symptoms described including the heating and melting of the left corner.

Comment

post a picture of your work along with that of the screen image.

Comment

Mine is doing the same thing, but I have no idea what to remove, or how to remove it. I basically need pictures to learn.

Comment

I have the LC-70LE757U, had horizontal rolling and flickering, after research and time decided the tab drivers were the issue on the right side (looking at front). I removed the entire right side tabs (all 5) - removed the board and lower ribbon cable that was attached to the right and bottom driver tab boards. No more flickering or lines.

ISSUE: The right side of the screen is "darker" that the left now, with the furthest right 1/8 of the screen being even "darker" yet.

The driver tabs contact points on the lcd appear to be very clean. I have tried replacing the power board (due to slight hum/buzz when powered, with no change in the issue).

Please advise.

Comment

A visual of the current issue after removing the right side tabs, described further in my previous post.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to everyone on this site I have saved my LC-60EQ10U! If you are looking at the front of the screen, I tore off the right side tabs(could be different for everyone). I figured this out by disconnecting each T-Con connector, which is centered at the bottom on the back of the TV(there are 4 connectors), and turning the TV on to check the picture each time a new cable was removed(3 will always be plugged in when checking). When I removed the far left T-Con connector(looking at the back of the TV), the left side of the screen(looking at the front of the TV) looked perfect and the right side(looking at the front on the TV) was completely white with vertical RGB colored lines. I decided that the right side(looking at the TV) was the one with the problem. I then removed the driver tabs on the same side of the TV that the T-Con cable was disconnected. So since my far left T-Con cable was disconnected(looking at the back of the TV), I removed the right side tabs(looking at the front of the tv), and while the TV was on, I tore each tab off cleanly with a pair of needle nose pliers watching the TV become clearer as I continued to rip all 5 tabs off. Once the 5 tabs are completely off; Unplug TV, plug all T-Con connectors back in so that all 4 connectors are connected, plug the TV back in and boom!
                              Thank you again Badcaps!!

Comment

I just fixed a 70 inch sharp by removing the left side drivers under that metal guard on the left side under the screen bezel. This post was very helpful.

Comment

hey guys, I have similar problem with lc 60le652e. can you tell by this 2 short videos if the problem is the same or is more likely to be a board because the menu is also moving ?

https://youtu.be/uQLKk9EhblM

https://youtu.be/nbcu8_Q4U0w

Comment

Hi folks,

New member so as yet unable to start a new thread for my problem so apologies for piggy-backing off this one!

I've searched the forum and I'm unable to find instructions for troubleshooting/fixing my particular model, a Sharp Aquos LC-42D77X that I bought in about 2010, it's relatively old but was still a great TV but it developed a flickering screen issue about three weeks ago. The model this particular thread relates looks quite different internally and I was hoping for some guidance on how to troubleshooot and isolate the issue as well as how to gain access to the tabs referred to here. Note that I'm a complete novice in this area!

I've removed the rear panel and reeated all the connectors that I can see to no effect. The T-Con on my model is in the middle at the bottom and has three connections on top and two wide ribbon connections on the bottom. I've attached pics for guidance, hopefully someone can guide me through this! Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Davy

Comment

Pics as mentioned...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hey guys. Noob here.

So I work as a driver for a major shipping company. Went to make a stop I saw a 70" sharp tv with a free sign. I get off deliver their package lady comes out so I ask about it. She says take it's it's free. It has these lines across the screen sucks it went bad a 13months of ownership 1 month after warranty. She said take it if you want. Of course I did. So came home plugged it in yeah there they are. Horizontal lines....

Before I ruin this. Say I remove the back. I'm looking at the back side... will I need to remove the left or the right side?
                                        This is me looking at the backside of tv.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

can't tell from the "poor" pictures... :-( do some testing. find the small corner cable on either side. they are unclampable / clampable. Disconnect one of them (while not powered), power up and look at the display (get a good picture with an input signal of some sort of test pattern hopefully). Do the same with the other side. Post pictures of the display and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X