xbox 360 xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox 360 xenon

hi my xbox 360 xenon board was working fine until i got the 4 red lights .. when i start the xbox it automaically show 4 red lights with the error code 0010..hope someone can help me .

Re: xbox 360 xenon

only time i saw a full-ring the video cable was loose.

Comment

ive tried with a working cable and powerbrick . the console is not heating up anymore

Comment

HANA chip is heating up a little bit thats all gpu and cpu totaly cold

Comment

maybe a dead fet in the power circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by max30 View Post
            hi my xbox 360 xenon board was working fine until i got the 4 red lights .. when i start the xbox it automaically show 4 red lights with the error code 0010..hope someone can help me .
            After the Xbox shows the RROD, leave it ON for like 20-30 seconds. Then try getting the secondary code. Does that 0010 change to a 0110? Because I have an Xbox like that as well, I haven't been able to figure it out yet (though I haven't spent that much time on it either). Last I checked, all power was there on mine. But it is worth checking the output of the voltage rails on your either.

Also worth noting is the PSU: does its light turn GREEN and stay GREEN when the error code appears, or does it turn ORANGE/RED? Orange/Red LED typically indicates bad MOSFET or a power circuit not working correctly.

Comment

it only stays 0010 and the power brick is orange when i turn it on then it turns green and orange again.and i was wrong its only 3 redlights not 4 . hope someone can help ..were can i find the power circuit . thanks in advance
              Last edited by max30; 08-06-2017, 02:03 AM.

Comment

ive measured the gpu power measured only 0.04v instead of 12v and the cpu power also measured 0.01v same as ram power and aux 5v power measured non ..standby power measured correctly.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by max30; 08-06-2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

i'm pretty sure orange indicates the psu is in standby.
                  so you first need to test the psu - or borrow another one.

Comment

Ha! Good to see my voltage diagram is still popular and uploaded on the internets.

it only stays 0010 and the power brick is orange when i turn it on then it turns green and orange again.and i was wrong its only 3 redlights not 4 . hope someone can help ..were can i find the power circuit . thanks in advance
                    ive measured the gpu power measured only 0.04v instead of 12v and the cpu power also measured 0.01v same as ram power and aux 5v power measured non ..standby power measured correctly.
                    That means either two things: either PSU/power brick is not working correctly (unlikely) or there is a short-circuit on the board (likely). If I remember correctly, 0001, 0002, and 0003 codes are power-related - typically bad MOSFET, short-circuit on GPU BGA, or one of the other voltage rails has a problem and is shutting down. With the PSU light orange, you will never get voltages for the GPU, CPU, RAM, and AUX, because they are all powered from the 12V rail on the PSU, which only turns on when you see a green light.

If you don't have another (spare) power supply to test, try this: open the Xbox and press power, then see if you can hear a faint "buzz" sound coming from the inductors/coils near the GPU. It should happen as soon as you press the power button. You may need to do that several times.

Let us know what you find.
                    Last edited by momaka; 08-06-2017, 12:56 PM.

Comment

tried your advice momaka tried it several times i didnt hear any faint or buzz sound. in my psu i can hear the fan turning on and off .. o and the error code is 0010 with 3 red lights . thanks you the help

Comment

Looks like the PSU is shutting down then. Now we just have to find if it is a fault with the Xbox or the PSU.

Like I said, best way is to try it wit ha different Xbox PSU/power brick, if you have one. If not, you can use an ATX PC PSU and insert 5V and 12V into the 5VSB and 12V pins of the Xbox. Then short the PS_ON wire on the ATX PSU to ground so that it is turned ON and then try pressing the power button on the Xbox. If there is a fault in the Xbox, it should trip the ATX PSU. On that note, try using a known-good PC PSU that will actually shut down when overloaded. Also make sure to use very thick wire (two or three 18 AWG strands minimum) for the 12V rail and ground. Otherwise, you will end up with a bunch of burned wire if the PSU does not shut down.

A different way to tackle the problem would be to try and locate the fault in the Xbox with a multimeter. First thing to do for that is disconnect PSU from Xbox and measure resistance between 12V rail and ground. Keep the multimeter probes on the test spots for at least 2-3 seconds, as it will take time for the caps to charge (otherwise, you will get a low resistance initially, thinking there is a short-circuit when there may not be one). Let us know what you find.

Comment

AFAIK 0010 is a southbridge problem, most likely cold solder joint. reflowing should solve it. those old 360s had a lot of problems with bga. if the error doesn't go away try reflowing the gpu. I reflowed A LOT of 360s and about 70% of em were up and running after that, but those 30% had some sorta "DIY youtube mod" that literally killed the gpu. A dead gpu usually throws 0020 and 0022 and a dead cpu 0002, 0003. That's from my personal experience.
                          cheers and good luck
                          Last edited by nick122; 10-06-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X