Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 70" 4k "bad panel"

Hello

I have a 70" Samsung tv. It's a recent 4k model. Produced in 2020. It's barely 3 years old.

At first it was stuck in a boot loop. Something was shorting to the panel itself.

It has a power supply and an integrated t-con with a single ribbon connector to the screen which has three separate small driver boards interconnected by two ribbons.

By process of elimination i deduced the lower right driver panel was the problem.

By either covering a few pins i could get the tv to boot but the image had lines. While messing around I managed to success fully find a formula that worked to get a full 4k picture.:

Start the tv with the offending driver disconnected. Reconnect once the backlight was lit up and sound playing
    After a try or two it would play for hours no problem. Try and restart and no go if you let the set rest longer than a few seconds.

I took it to a tv repair shop who just did the bare minimum and said: it's your panel. I've found a few sources that point to a bad cap on the driver board

Thing is now i can't get a picture anymore at all.

I used contact cleaner on the ribbons only sound and the backlight. Did I fry something potentially with context cleaner? It boots every time now, sound and backlight but no picture. That's what it did when I disconnected the offending driver panel... I'm thinking it's not making propper contact anymore

Hoping for advice to further fix this thing. Seems absurd to throw away

Re: Samsung 70" 4k "bad panel"

Can you provide
    • Complete model #
    • Picture of entire back of TV showing how everything is connected
    • Pictures of main, PSU, and driver boards
    • Close up pictures of ribber cable contact pins and connectors

Comment

Working...
    X