Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DisplayPort woes

Hi Everyone.

Just bought a new LG Ultra wide monitor today. Love it to bits, however I am having an issue with displayport.
    Displayport works and displays an image without issue, however if I were to turn off the monitor or simply change source... if I flick back or turn on the monitor again while the PC is still on... it displays "no signal". I would have to turn the computer off completely or reset it for the monitor to get a signal again. This behaviour does not happen on HDMI - I can turn off the monitor while my PC is still on, and switch it back on without issues.

However. I decided to grab my brothers computer which he uses DP on, and also use his expensive Amphenol DP cable (full size DP), there are absolutely no issues and it behaves as normal - ie. if I switch off the monitor and switch it on again while PC is running - it receives signal and comes out of sleep mode or whatever.

I have never used DP before so I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. The cable I am using is the one that came with my Viewsonic 4K monitor which was donated to mum. It's a DP to Mini DP because my HD6870 card only has mini DP, and not full size DP like my brothers PC.

Could it be a cheap cable issue?

Thanks.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Re: DisplayPort woes

cable or the connector would be my guess.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Re: DisplayPort woes

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      cable or the connector would be my guess.
      Just got a different Mini DP to DP cable for it. Works fine now!
      Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
      X