DV9500 blue LED ring of death ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DV9500 blue LED ring of death ?

There's a tiny little pin on the edge of CN7 (pin 3) and another tiny one at U13 (pin 23). And that's all there is.

Comment

Ok I ll find out

Comment

where is u13 located?

Comment

found QFP 128 pins

Comment

it's connected anode of D10, that's a possibility to put a wire and push button to ground...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by bianchi77; 08-05-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

The one you found is DNBSWON# / DNBSWON#1

That is a different signal. The one you want is NBSWON1#

Comment

Ok, is there any capacitors, diodes / resistors attach to it ? so I can put a patch for my button to the ground ?

so
                U13 pin 23 is connected to CN7 pin 3....where's pin 1 for CN7 ?

Comment

I got it, it's near the label CN7...

Comment

I tried to replace all the components mention above...new twin transistor and new diode...
                    and when I turn it on...the LED near the button was on...but only few seconds...short again and off...fuse is broken (150mA) what next to analyze ?

Comment

Is the fuse rating too low or something short in the circuit ?????

Comment

Where did you connect the fuse? It should be connected to VAD-1 (i.e. all the current is going through the fuse instead of through PD16). PD16 can only handle 100mA continuously, so if you put a 150mA fuse in its place and it blows, something is wrong.

If you connected it to a spot before PD16, then I'm not sure how much current will go through it. Possibly more than 150mA.

Check for a short from VAD-1 to ground with a multimeter.

If there is no short and if the fuse was connected correctly, then the next thing I would try is to remove PU11 and PQ62, then connect the power again. Without those, the current should be close to 0 (<10mA) through the fuse.

Comment

I connected the fuse outside between the charger and input connector.....

Comment

VAD-1 , not VA ? Please see the schematic...cheers..
                            Attached Files

Comment

if it's VAD-1....it's abit odd place to put a fuse...I'll find a solderable spot on it ....do you know it ?

Comment

I pushed the button and LED at the small PCB near the button was on and nearly 2 seconds...CPU fan was going to start and the fuse was blown....
                                I guess I put the fuse on the wrong spot......fuse was located between the charger and power input connector...which draw a lot of current for the whole board...am I right ?

Comment

where is that push button located in schematic ? SW1 and LED 1
                                  I got it SW1 page 37...LED1....page 37 as well...
                                  Last edited by bianchi77; 09-10-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

If you want to try using a fuse again, it has to go where PD16 is. There is no other place it can go. All the current that goes into VAD-1 has to go through the fuse. If it doesn't fit, you can always use a wire or two to connect it.

SW1 is the touchpad enable/disable switch. The "LED1" on that page is the signal line for LED3, and that is the amber LED for that switch. (it can show amber or blue depending on if the touchpad is enabled or not).

Comment

What switch do I use for turning it on ? isn't it SW1 ?

Comment

The power switch is on a separate board. You can use it if you connect the cable to it. If you look next to the power button board connector on the motherboard (CN7), there should also be some triangular pads labeled "G1". If you short those together for a moment with something metal, it's the same as pressing the power button. The attached pic shows what they look like (circled in green).
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Check for a short from VAD-1 to ground with a multimeter.
                                          I've checked ...there's no short on VAD-1 to ground..

Comment

Working...
                                          X