This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I don't see any join dates in this thread since 2006. Is this forum still active? I've been repairing tvs for 45 years and sometimes I still see something new to ask about.

Comment

I'm here to learn more about how the hardware actually functions - I can use a computer quite well, am a "power user", but don't know much about single component repair.

Comment

Hey forum people,
        I'm David, I live in Perth, Western Australia, I've been into computers for the past 30 years now, my first computer (if you can really call it a computer) was a Dick Smith Wizard, it was basically just a keyboard with a screen (from memory) it had a tape drive and you could write BASIC programs and muck about with it.

Looking forward to a bit of a learning curve.

Comment

good forum and regards to all

Comment

Hello all,

I just need some help getting my plasma back up and running. I love this thing and would hate to get rid of it because of a panel I could easily replace.

Andy O.

Comment

Hello. My Olevia tv just died and I am going to attempt replacing the capacitors on the power supply board which I have now learned is a fairly common problem. Found some good info here.

Josh

Comment

Hi I am Lynn. I came across this forum while seeking info about repairing my LCD TV. Pretty sure caps are the problem. Way back in the dark ages, I had vocational school training in electronics. Now I am completing a bachelor's in IT. Very informative forum.

Comment

Hi I'm s2h and I am looking to repair my TV that is just out of warranty. I think it is a bad power supply but need some advice from the experts on this forum to ensure I am diagnosing the device correctly. Look forward to participating.

Comment

Hi i fix mobile phones and computers. I live in the UK. Found this site looking for information concerning power supply's, I have enjoyed browsing the site and though i could be of help to some people. Thanks for having me aboard.

Comment

Hello My name is John. I stumbled upon this forum whilke searching for info on how to troubleshoot and repair my Samsung LN37A550P3F. I have a basic knowledge of electronics and am plenty capable of using basic tools including a meter and soldering iron. I dont want to pay anyone to fix this thing because I only paid about $200 for it about 5 years ago. I am hoping to find the info I need here and look forward to meeting some of you.

Comment

Just wanted to say hi.

Comment

Hi

i am suju,i am interested in electronics devices repairing.
                          i am in Bahrain.
                          this site is awesome,a lot of helpful to me.

Comment

Hi, I am from Czech Republic. I came here for help to fix an iMac G5 PSU, which I actually did repaired by only reading this forum. Thank you for this awesome forum you.

Comment

Hi, I'm here to get some advice to repair my Samsung Plasma that stopped working after 18 months

Comment

Hi all, Johnnyb here.
                                Very informative forum thanx. I, as many others have a Samsung with, presumably, bad caps. Pretty sure back light is the problem.
                                Probably going to switch out entire board though, although I have done some successful soldering in the past. Keep up all those great posts. ^^;

Comment

Hi, my name is Mark and I am interested in fixing my own Plasma TV and wanted to join your forum for help.

Comment

Hi my name is joe an i'm an alcoholic.
                                    Ohhhhh wait, wrong intro
                                    Im a technician born and raised. Was running vcr ans tv repair back in the
                                    Colorfull 80's. Always been tinkering and fixing
                                    Work for a company that makes film and digital cameras
                                    And ascessories for motion pic industry
                                    Gooding on plasmas and LCD for the fun of it
                                    Seen plenty of usefull info here so i joined
                                    Also see plenty of guys here who are real amature
                                    But im gonna keep it to myself, for now.
                                    Anyhow. Cheers!!!!

Comment

Hey Guys, have been a long time viewer of these forums and have a few problems with a plasma TV so decided to register to get your input. I have been working on TVs since I was 15, and I am now 23. I seem to be a bit younger than most on the forum, but I would rather it be that way. Here to learn and hopefully help others. I have probably fixed 4-500 TVs, ranging from Plasma - LED in the 8 years of my experience. Somewhat handy with a multimeter, looking forward to some fun on here.

Comment

Hello, I am trying to post my introduction and I hope this is the way to do it. I have been working in the computer software field for over 25 years with quite the background in sw and a little in hw. I have repaired my own computer and added new cards etc etc. I have not however fixed a TV. lol! Hopefully this introduction post will allow me to create a new thread re my TV issue.

Comment

Saying hello so I can post a question!

Comment

Working...
                                          X