X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everybody,
    i am 63 old and a retired tv technician. I found this forum in searching advices to fix a Samsung plasma TV.
    English is not my usual language so excuse my poor English.https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif
    However I hope this forum will be very helpfull .
    Marcel

Comment

Howdy, I'm Ben and I normally do nothing with component level electronics (I'm a retired Army pilot, and still fly CH47 helicopters). I'm certainly willing to learn, and I'm sure I'll l Iearn a lot on this forum. Heck, I've already learned a huge amount already! Thanks for making this available!

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, I like learning about electronics, specifically music- and guitar- related applications. Which includes computers... and fried mobos
          Thanks for providing a great resource,
          Norv

Comment

Hello all,

I really don't have a clue what I am doing and signed up because I want to see if my second hand Hakko FX888 is the real thing.

Comment

Electronics enthusiast, came across this forum while I was searching for technical information on backlight inverters. Someone suggested bad caps but they look fine.

I have taken apart a washer, found out the transmission was faulty. But before the transmission went out, this washer had gone thru some other issues. Push button to start washer took a crap. Luckily i was able to solder a new one and make it functional all over again. After this second one took a crap I soldered two wires where the two pins for the switch would be soldered, and voila by having these two wires make contact with each other I was able to start my washer.

I perform basic car maintenance, oil changes to installing new brake pads. I love getting down and dirty at work and in bed, but that's another story.

Electronics and computer engineering technology basic theory courtesy of ITT Tech.

Later, Gater

Comment

Hi, I'm a tinkerer and a compulsive fixer and collector of repairables. Have got a few TVs and set top boxes repaired. Recently revived a couple sof laptops but the failure rate is increasing and found myself here needing some informed advice!

Comment

Hello! I love to repair electronics and now I am trying to repair a TV of a friend. It is a Toshiba LCD TV model. I will post my question when I have access. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi All... "New member" here (AKA OttawaEd).

Just got to this forum by chance, while looking for info on troubleshooting and TV... read a few of your threads and had a few laughs with some of the clever, funny -yet very informative- responses from senior members, and thought it would be a good idea to join!

I am an electronics tech of 10+years, presently working for a children's treatment centre, a music lover -all sorts-, and relentless tinkerer!
                    Cheers!!

Comment

Hello all!

I live in Phoenix, AZ and I found this forum very interesting. I am a newbie in soldering and fixing electronics but it is an area that has always interested me.

I hope to learn a lot from this place and I really appreciate all your support and knowledge! This community it's great!

Comment

Hello. New guy from Tx. I'm fairly new to the electronics repair world. I'm looking forward to learning a lot and giving back when I can.

Comment

I just wanted to say hello all. I just joined and look forward to learning from reading the posts. I was actually looking at getting an ESR meter and came across this board. I was looking at Bob Parker one. It is higher than what i wanted but looks like it does the job.

I am trying to repair a stereo receiver Yamaha rx v373. I will go into that on another thread.

But if you get board here is a nice YouTube Video of the failure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67GEcKIbqs8

Comment

Hello everyone, I stumbled on this forum looking for information on TV repair. I am a novice and don't do a lot of TV work but I like to fix things so my latest project is a VIzio LED TV. It looks like there is a lot of good information here.

Comment

Hello all
                              I Found this Forum while surfing web for some info about electronics i am 57 year old try to repair my personal electronic things my self many thanks to all members of the community for helping each others

Comment

Hi, J from Baltimore. Look to get help with my TV issues and then help others. Thanks

Comment

Hey everyone. I'm a pc gamer and have replaced caps before on a couple of monitors and have reflowed the solder on a 8800GTS video card in my domestic oven and fixed the dashpod unit on my car despite being a complete novice in electronics or pcb repair! I'll have a go at most things if I think there's a slim chance of success as I dislike the modern habit of discarding faulty items vs repair.

My view is that I'm likely to bin it and have to replace the item if I cant fix it, so what do I have to loose?! So anyway, in all cases the repairs I've done so far have been down to dodgy capacitors which has led me to this site.

I hope to find a solution to my GTX580m graphics card which has blown SMD caps, but believe this to be tricky as these kind of caps don't carry identification markings. Perhaps after this post I can make a thread with a picture of the card and a request for help. I've looked for a schematic but google threw a blank and I don't have access to another working GTX580m card. I'm going out to buy a new multimeter tomorrow with capacitance measuring in order to measure other caps on the card but I suspect this isn't the best way to ident them as they could well be different to the damaged/blown ones!

Comment

Hi guys thanks for the help in advance..

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                      I am a volunteer Firefighter/EMT here in NC and I have been a Lighting service electrician for over 10 years.Electronics are more of a hobby than anything.I love disassembling things and figuring out what's wrong and repairing them.I also like collecting and restoring vintage radios.I came across this site while researching out a problem with a Sanyo DP26649 LCD TV. I hope to become a very active and positive contributor to the forum.

Comment

Hi, and thanks in advance for the support.

Comment

Name is Kresimir Stipetic
                                          Born 30.12.1969
                                          From Croatia

Working presently as technician on repairs , mainly Dell.
                                          Hi to everyone and if there is anything i can help you with...i will.

Comment

Working...
                                          X