X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,

Awesome site, very smart members (except for me as a newby); hope to learn & perhaps even contribute in the future!

All the best, bye!

Comment

I'm new to this site just trying to get some ideas on what may be wrong with my hdmi ports on my television.

Comment

hello. my name is nick

Comment

Hello, my name is Win. I came upon Badcaps when looking for answers to repair my Plasma TV. Looks like a neat site with lots of information from a lot of different people. I look forward to using this site. Thanks for all of you who have made this successful.

Comment

New member, graphic artist but into fixin things.... working on Samsung Syncmaster 245BW power supply... not guaranteed to succeed but I will definitely not fail... I may just find many ways how not to fix the problem but failure is not an option...

cheers

Comment

Hello, I hate lead free solder.

Comment

Hello! My name is Bob, and I tinker with old school rear projection CRT tvs. I joined to get some opinions as to what has happened to my favorite tv, a 2002 RCA 52" with the PTK195 chassis. I love this old tv, I have a small place and i have to sit within 4-5 feet from the screen to watch it. I had the tv "tuned" convergence-wise so good that I preferred it to any newer technology tv; I had it super-sharp, and it was awesome.

It had developed an issue about 3 years ago that caused the colors to curve outwards on the left side top and bottom corners, but it was adjustable back to perfection, albeit I had to go into the factory service mode and re-shape the green mesh; (i know i know......) afterwards it was perfection.

I noticed as of late that it was slipping out of convergence again so I decided to fine tune it with the customer advance convergence menu. I was working on it and all the sudden, with no noise or anything, the blue and red blew out into a swirl in one spot only.

Ill go start a thread w/pics and more technical detail in a minute to see if anyone can shed some light on what exactly happened.

Thank you, and i am glad to be a member of the forum!

Comment

Hello! My name is Priyadarsi, I found this interesting site while searching solutions for my Acer aspire E1-571 laptop, which is laying dead since a week.

Though a civil engineer, I have a stiff inclination to-words electronics, especially computer hardware. I hope this site will help me a lot to repair computer hardware.

Thank you all for making this site so useful, and i am glad to be a member of the forum!

Comment

Hello! my name is Michael. I found this site as I was trying to repair a Sceptre X32 TV. I dabble in repair of certain electronics and have for a while as time permits. Also amazed at the Badcap issue. And as we are dating ourselves my first PC was a TRS80 model III.

Comment

bla bl a bla

Comment

Hi i'm from Serbia and i need this forum to help me in repairing some electronic. Great site, hope to work with you guys. Seee ya

Comment

Hey everyone!

Glad to have found this site, it's been useful for me in the past when troubleshooting broken monitors in the past, was high time to start an account! Feel it's important to say thanks! so Thanks everyone!

Comment

Hello
                            442A and 309A Electrical licence holder. I work on power electronics and power generation equipment. Needed some info on some TV's in the past decided it was time to join. Would like to say thank you to everyone for this forum, I've found it extremely helpful in the past.

Comment

hello im new to this forum my name is fil....hope u guys could help me!!!!! good day!!!

Comment

Hi everyone, another new member, I'll keep it short...and not to personal.
                                24 year electrical engineer in space & defense before position was moved to asia. Still messing with electronics in my spare time,...ie when not plowing snow. Oh yea, Big Sky country, will update my profile next. Look forward to hearing from everyone.

RedDeere

Comment

hello everybody. its Pat. I am a former Navy ET. and been working on and in electronics for over 30 years. I even still work alot with tubes. mostly guitar amps.

Comment

Hey Guys,
                                    As soon as I get access I will be starting a new post in the Abit forums requesting help on how to pick the correct capacitors I need for a faulty motherboard.

I did find this old post which describes my exact problem (same Motherboard and same bad capacitors):
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=ABIT+AN8+32X

HOWEVER! the original poster never linked/showed which replacement capacitors he bought (he did fix his motherboard though)
                                    ALSO! c_hegge (Super Moderator), in the 3rd post down does post a link to some caps but they are 16mm height and when I measure mine I swear they are 20mm height (from end to end...am I measuring correctly?)

If someone wants to "necro" that old thread in response to my above questions then I will be looking for that while I wait for posting privileges.

Comment

I'm Bob Neely and I am getting into fixing TV's for a side job. I hope to post many questions on this forum.

thanks

Comment

hai i am suresh

Comment

Hi all, I am Declan, I have a problem with an LCD TV and google searches kept throwing up this forum in results, so I have registered to hopefully get help

Comment

Working...
                                          X