How reputable is TheCapKing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How reputable is TheCapKing?

I ask because I see a few that are listed as Rubycons in specs out of stock at BadCaps and a few of specs that BadCaps simply doesn't carry. Wanted to make sure I can trust them to deliver on what they claim to have in stock before I buy from them. Anyone here have experience with them?

Re: How reputable is TheCapKing?

the guy is an a**, for one. he spams forums and article comments bashing badcaps.net and promoting himself. do*chebag if you ask me.

what kind do you need? samxons would likey work instead- we had very good luck with them (there are samxon fakes out there, but not sold here).

if you must buy elsewhere, go digikey or mouser. avoid the queen.
    Last edited by ratdude747; 10-11-2010, 07:57 PM.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

thanks for the heads-up. Fortunately I don't really need much, just some MCZs and MBZs, plus a couple oddball cap sizes that are luckily available from BadCaps.net

Comment

What are you in need of that I don't have or is out of stock?
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Rubycon ZLH 100uF 16v 5mm diameter

Comment

nope. he does not carry those. i would digikey or mouser those. digikey/mouser good. radio shack/electronics shop/ebay/ cap king bad!
            sigpic

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...roducts_id=101

this would work fine in its place.
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

Wow ratdude doesn't like competition. I have bought from both sites and Jim W and The Cap King got me my parts the fastest. I buy a lot in bulk from him now as well partially because badcaps never responded to any of my emails. I used to buy from Rubycon directly through Jason at their Chicago office and they knew the cap king well, I checked because it looked too good to be true. I couldn't deal with the long wait times so I don't get much direct from Rubycon anymore. I had a good experience with both sites and appreciate someone in the US actually stocking these parts.

Comment

don't pay attention to ratturd, he is an 18 year old kid living in his moms basement.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTechNY23 View Post
                    don't pay attention to ratturd, he is an 18 year old kid living in his moms basement.
                    Easy there.

Comment

What's up with the personal attack? The reason RatDude doesn't like The Cap King is because "The King" spouted slander against Badcaps on other forums.
                      Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Uhoh. Im smelling a flamewar coming up.

But why did you say something so mean and uneccesary. ???

Comment

Quick! Close the thread before we might offend somebody.
                          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Just wanted to say that I normally buy my caps from Topcat at badcaps.net, but I have purchased them from The Cap King as well without any problems. And anyone who wants to attack me, go ahead... bring it!

Comment

yeah ive purchased from both too...twice from here and once from thecapking

Comment

I learned about badcaps from the capking! He recommended I come here for parts he was out of stock on. The “slander” your talking about is a single comment from a CNet article that probably wasn't even posted by him saying badcaps prices were high. The post is from February 09 and to be fair badcaps SX280 kits were about $10 more expensive then they are now, I know I bought a few.

Comment

^
                                  Everyone here knows who the real cap king is..... Is he a little cheaper? Yes. Why? He moonlights this out of his house while working a real job. I have a full shop to maintain, and this is my only job. That's just the nature of competition, and it doesn't upset me or offend me in the least. We both get our Rubycon caps from the same place, and I know for a fact he isn't making squat off them, and again, thats fine by me..... This feeds my family, so I won't get into a pricewar with him. In the business area, he's not really a competitor. I'm more focused on repairs than sales. Digikey and Mouser are my biggest and most painful competitors when it comes to sales. Capacitor sales since I've implemented the new shopping cart backend have soared over the last year, I'm actually having a hard time keeping up with everything. Also, when I implemented the new cart, I cut a LOT of the prices as much as I could. The cart saved me time and money, so in turn, I passed the savings along.....but I still have to eat, I aint givin' them away!

Always remember ladies and gents, the cap sales here are what maintain this forum....keep that in mind when you mooch & leech tech data and information from here, and then cheap out and buy elsewhere. You would be dumbfounded if you really knew what it takes to maintain this forum. Keeping a site of this magnitude and traffic alive and healthy goes a lot farther than slapping junk parts from an old gaming rig together and calling it a server... I own and maintain my own servers, I don't use cheap/cheesy/free web hosting. Everything is done in-house, and I have full control over it. I don't trust my livelihood to cheap web hosts. If a few dollars are really going to stop you from supporting the site that helped you find your problem in the first place, I have to say that's actually rather pathetic....

Honestly, I can not say anything bad about his business practices, as I've heard nothing negative in that regard.
                                  <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Join in!!
                                  Team Stats

Comment

i missed this-

thanks to all who backed me up
                                    sigpic

Comment

I qm having a suspicion about Pctechny23. Anyone wanna know what it is?

Comment

Well you can be safe in knowing that Digikey and Mouser for some reason refuse to stock ultra low esr Rubycon or Panasonic FL/FJ. A conversation I had last night with Newark's "Live" tech support:

Me: Ok. Also, can you ask if you are able to obtain Panasonic FJ or FL series capacitors and Rubycon MBZ or MCZ series capacitors?
                                        kim: You will need to talk with our Technical Support group for this type of question. Unfortunately, I cannot transfer you directly to them. In order to access Technical Support, you will need to either log in or register, then begin a new chat, selecting Tech Support under "Choose Live Chat Subject". To log in or register, please go to the following link: http://www.newark.com/jsp/profile/re...?fromPage=true or you can call 1-877-736-4835 if you do not wish to register.

You do have to worry about the Nichicon HZ which Mouser carries. They're on par with MCZ or perhaps even superior.
                                        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Working...
                                        X