lenovo t430 no backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: lenovo t430 no backlight

new motherboard fitted by myself, all working as expected!

Comment

Re: W541 LCD back light fuse

Originally posted by zare View Post
      Just to update: used this Lenovo service instantiations to disassemble. The offending fuse for me was F14. Its was beside the LCD connector, but it is kind tight to solder without dissembling. Got some glass fuse wire(3A) and solder on top of the fuse.
      where is the F14 fuse located? i have a similar problem on my T540p that has been bugging me for the last 6 months, on mine there is an F11 and F4 near the LCD connector

Comment

Thanx it's Good for me m

Comment

Not quite the same issue with my daughter's T430. Backlight works during POST and for all BIOS setup stuff, but then shuts off after the Windows splash screen is displayed.

Booted a live CD (Kubuntu if it matters) and it seemed to work for the 30 mins or so I had it running.

Yesterday, I had it sitting in BIOS setup and got pulled away for a couple hours and came back to find the backlight turning on and off every few minutes. Planning on tearing it down tomorrow to check all the fuses etc... Any other things I should check while I'm at it?

Comment

Originally posted by skiddz View Post
            Not quite the same issue with my daughter's T430. Backlight works during POST and for all BIOS setup stuff, but then shuts off after the Windows splash screen is displayed.

Booted a live CD (Kubuntu if it matters) and it seemed to work for the 30 mins or so I had it running.

Yesterday, I had it sitting in BIOS setup and got pulled away for a couple hours and came back to find the backlight turning on and off every few minutes. Planning on tearing it down tomorrow to check all the fuses etc... Any other things I should check while I'm at it?
            Did you find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by hestern View Post
              Did you find a solution?
              For those guys in the future reading this:

I had the same problem as described by Skiddz, quoted below.

I soldered the fuse F7, and now my backlight works perfectly. The specific component is the one above/left of the F7 text, with the "stripes". It seems to work when measuring using a meter. Half of my backlight died short after being turned on. Seems the fuse was faulty.

Originally posted by skiddz View Post

Comment

Hi guys
                I got the same backlight problem I tryed to fix it but some how I shorten my mobo... And now it's not even power on..... Need help....

Comment

Here is another victim.
                  Thanks to this thread, I quickly identified F7.
                  I just removed it and replaced with tiny wire from solder wick.
                  My laptop is back to life now.

Comment

Hi guys,
                    i have the same issue. My F7, F8, F16 and F19 have voltage but the problem is not solved. Any another tip to fix this?

Comment

Working...
                    X