Msi p4m900m2 (ms-7255)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi p4m900m2 (ms-7255)

Again, going to start another recap job with a MSI P4M900M2 (MS-7255) motherboard. But before I start, can I replace the original 16V 1000uf with a 16V 1500uf caps? The caps are located near the CPU. Currently that the only 16V caps i got.

Re: Msi p4m900m2 (ms-7255)

yes it's ok the use that caps because it's ok to use upper or equal voltage and capacitance but not lower

Comment

Re: Msi p4m900m2 (ms-7255)

When i got this motherboard, it looks to me there are 4 x unknown capacitor been exploded, what left is just 2 leads on each of the exploded capacitor.

I did found a schematics for this board, and found out the value of the missing caps are 16V 1000uf. What I got in hand are a few 16V 1500uf Nichicon HN(M) caps that i salvage from a dead Xbox main board.

After replacing those missing caps, the motherboard is able to POST, but during the installation of Windows 7 I constantly getting IRQL_not_less_or_equal BSOD . After a few tries, I finally able to successfully install Windows 7 on it. But I still getting the same BSOD message randomly when I was using the motherboad. I am thinking there must be some reason why the capacitor was exploded previously and caused by a faulty PSU maybe and other component might been damaged. The next morning I turn on the motherboard again and no BSOD this time and able to install all the driver. But instead of giving me BSOD it will randomly restart itself for no reason. I have run memtest86 on this board and completed for a few pass with no errors.

Attached Files
      Last edited by lbwlow; 05-24-2015, 11:36 PM. Reason: adding schematics pdf

Comment

Working...
      X