HP ProLiant Motherboard Jumpstart Pinout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP ProLiant Motherboard Jumpstart Pinout

I have this HP ProLiant ML10 motherboard which is bricked as of now. This has a 10 pin front panel. For me its usually the 6 and 8 pin that needs to be shorted to start your mobo.
    This is a server motherboard so its bit different I assume, does anyone know which pins needs to be shorted to imitate switching of power button?
    I have attached the pics if that helps.

P.S - Pin number 8 is not connected to ground.

Also is there a schematic available for the same ?
    Attached Files

Re: HP ProLiant Motherboard Jumpstart Pinout

Anyone ? Thanks

Comment

With the motherboard plugged into a power supply and the power supply plugged into the wall, use a multimeter to see which one of these pins reads high (over 3.3V). Then short to ground with a 100-330 Ohm resistor each one of these pins (one by one) until mobo turns on - that's your PWR_SW pin. I use this method quite often on proprietary HP and Dell mobos.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        With the motherboard plugged into a power supply and the power supply plugged into the wall, use a multimeter to see which one of these pins reads high (over 3.3V). Then short to ground with a 100-330 Ohm resistor each one of these pins (one by one) until mobo turns on - that's your PWR_SW pin. I use this method quite often on proprietary HP and Dell mobos.
        That is a great idea. Why a 100-300 ohm resistor in this case ? On usual boards you just short it with the screw driver

Comment

Just because it's an HP OEM board and it might have jumper pins on there connecting directly to the power supply's 5VSB/3.3VSB rail. This leaves the possibility of sending 5V/3.3V to a signal line that is not designed to take that much and damage something. With a 100-300 Ohm resistor (actually probably anything from 20 Ohms to 470 Ohms will do), you don't risk shorting anything.

Comment

Just because it's an HP OEM board and it might have jumper pins on there connecting directly to the power supply's 5VSB/3.3VSB rail. This leaves the possibility of sending 5V/3.3V to a signal line that is not designed to take that much and damage something. With a 100-300 Ohm resistor (actually probably anything from 20 Ohms to 470 Ohms will do), you don't risk shorting anything.
            Thanks for the clarification. I checked the voltage on the pins and there are two pins that shows some kind of voltage and one is 0.25 and another one is 0.35 volt. How should I proceed ?

Comment

The two pins that show a voltage - short them to ground with a resistor, as I mentioned above. One of them should turn on the motherboard.

Comment

The two pins that show a voltage - short them to ground with a resistor, as I mentioned above. One of them should turn on the motherboard.
                Thank you sir. Tried but it still does not turn on. Could you please look into this thread which gives a better picture of my motherboard issue.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...409#post853409

Comment

Working...
                X