Bakon BK950D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bakon BK950D

well if your talking about microusb then very brave to even try with a new iron.
    i would use the ILS or the K (knife) because nothing else will reach.
    BUT, i would use the hot air to warm the area too - AT THE SAME TIME!

i know that sounds strange, but i do it a lot, air in the left hand, iron in the right.
    if you'v replaced the tokin cap under a laptop cpu socket, it's the only way to get a really nice joint.

Comment

Thanks stj my new iron is the only one i have with small tips hence putting this job off for ages, but yes it did the job ok. i have too admit i did in the end give it some fresh flux and blast of hot air after soldering the port in it re flowed the soldered joints nice, had too be quick as didnt want to melt the new micro usb port plastic, but yes will try your method next time. I was using the jl02 tip mainly i did apply a little fresh solder to the pcb pads first would you suggest pre tinning the pins on the micro usb port i have seen a few videos where they do this before install.
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-30-2018, 07:16 AM.

Comment

i want JL02 but banggood is out of stock.
        i also now want a JS02 and a KU now!

i wouldnt tin the socket - they are already tinned.
        one thing i may try, if you watch Rossmann he cleans the pads off and uses 37/63 solder because it has the lowest melting point.

just dont use it for the tabs, lead-free is much stronger and more suitable for physical mounting points.
        Last edited by stj; 07-30-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

if its a jl02 t12 pm me your address i will put you one in the post foc i have 3 here

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
            i want JL02 but banggood is out of stock.
            i also now want a JS02 and a KU now!

i wouldnt tin the socket - they are already tinned.
            one thing i may try, if you watch Rossmann he cleans the pads off and uses 37/63 solder because it has the lowest melting point.

just dont use it for the tabs, lead-free is much stronger and more suitable for physical mounting points.
            just ordered some 63/37 solder for future repairs, i stripped the hand piece down on the bakon 950 the tip holder shroud is built really well good solid plastic i may try and use this in the replacement t12 handle when it arrives it may need a slot cut into it though as the t12 handle has a locating guide pin/ridge, the wiring is the same color wise just dosnt use the white sleep wire and the bakon has a added capacitor. I have put the tip/flux into todays post for you so you should receive it tomorrow.

Comment

thanks.
              yes, the cap is just a 10n ceramic.

Comment

I watched a TV show called Fake Britian and a fake product had the exact same dangerous plug attachment.

This could a fake product, how can you be sure it is safe to use?
                You need a qualified electrican to investigate.
                http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

on mine i just cut the plug off and fitted my own with a 3 amp fuse it works ok with the t13 tip supplied but just waiting on a t12 replacement handle as i have loads of t12 tips

Comment

I did that also on my one. I need another T12 tip to order from aliexpress.

I does not really get hot enough in my opinion.
                    http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg305.pdf

Comment

what the hell are you doing then?
                      it hits 400' easy and you only need 350 for lead free.

Comment

Working...
                      X