Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help sorting out this Mother board specs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help sorting out this Mother board specs?

Hi guys ;i'm trying to figure out the CPU/mother board,also want to get a External video card because of the issue i have with software 18.04 with integrated Nvidea card.
    This E machines when i google specs of this CPU come up with 3 GHZ cpu but when i run benchmark info only have 1.5 GHZ ? also some pics; any help would be appreciated on suggesting an external Video card that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16883114091

Also found this Amd Athlon cpu which probably it's same as mine? https://sites.google.com/site/ayts6a...3-DualCore-CPU
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ivtec; 10-30-2018, 09:43 AM.

Re: Help sorting out this Mother board specs?

u are having some confusion with the cpu model numbers. there are actually three different athlon ii x2 250 cpus: athlon ii x2 250, athlon ii x2 250e and athlon ii x2 250u. the e suffix denotes the energy efficient version and the u suffix denotes the ultra-low voltage version.

the one shown on the newegg listing is NOT your cpu. u have the ultra-low voltage athlon ii x2 250u which runs at 1.6 ghz. the reason why it shows two different clockspeeds for each cpu core is because of amd cool n quiet which throttles the cpu clockspeed when idle to save power especially since u have a cpu type that is meant to conserve power.

there is nothing wrong with the benchmark. in that benchmark, lower numbers are better. it compares your machine with another intel celeron 1.5 ghz cpu and with an apple powerpc cpu.

however, it looks like u have the infamous bumpgated geforce 6100 series chipset. this type of motherboards are prone to failure due to defective materials used to manufacture the chipset. the issues u have may be due to the chipset finally kicking the bucket. i suggest getting another computer which doesnt use a nvidia chipset instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
      u are having some confusion with the cpu model numbers. there are actually three different athlon ii x2 250 cpus: athlon ii x2 250, athlon ii x2 250e and athlon ii x2 250u. the e suffix denotes the energy efficient version and the u suffix denotes the ultra-low voltage version.

the one shown on the newegg listing is NOT your cpu. u have the ultra-low voltage athlon ii x2 250u which runs at 1.6 ghz. the reason why it shows two different clockspeeds for each cpu core is because of amd cool n quiet which throttles the cpu clockspeed when idle to save power especially since u have a cpu type that is meant to conserve power.

there is nothing wrong with the benchmark. in that benchmark, lower numbers are better. it compares your machine with another intel celeron 1.5 ghz cpu and with an apple powerpc cpu.

however, it looks like u have the infamous bumpgated geforce 6100 series chipset. this type of motherboards are prone to failure due to defective materials used to manufacture the chipset. the issues u have may be due to the chipset finally kicking the bucket. i suggest getting another computer which doesnt use a nvidia chipset instead.
      Thanks ChaosLegionnaire; appreciate your explanation; i had a hidden ATI radion 6450 Video card in my scrap that i thought was broken and installed it and then installed Xubuntu 18.04 and everything is almost ok ,i installed google chrome and some sites and pages wont load only some do,is there anything i can do to overcome this,it's frustrating.,

Also i have another old Desktop AMD ATHLON 64 4200,that i could also use to replace this,is this any good?thanks
      Last edited by ivtec; 10-30-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

pages not loading isn't a cpu issue.

Comment

try firefox instead. i believe all ubuntu flavors come with firefox. do the same websites and pages still not load with firefox? if they do load, its a google chrome browser problem not working properly with newer versions of linux or u may be using an outdated version of chrome that cant load modern content correctly on those websites.

also, im afraid that athlon 64 4200 is too old and slow these days for general web surfing use.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
            try firefox instead. i believe all ubuntu flavors come with firefox. do the same websites and pages still not load with firefox? if they do load, its a google chrome browser problem not working properly with newer versions of linux or u may be using an outdated version of chrome that cant load modern content correctly on those websites.

also, im afraid that athlon 64 4200 is too old and slow these days for general web surfing use.
            Thanks ChaosLegionnaire; well after i log in Chrome to Sync all my book marks sites and so forth after that it also had same issue in Firefox,i can't believe linux ;the supposed friendly and easy distro for older hardware let Chrome or other search engine do this stuff,i think it has to do with sync with phones,i don't have any phone, but it shows me when i try to sync my bookmarks in chrome after i log in, it has some kind of security stuff, don't understand why some pages like Utube,facebook and some others load easy but others don't ,stay there searching like buffering and never open,when i put in Xubuntu 16.04 everything goes back to normality,i use Chromium though.

Comment

then it might be a problem with 18.04 then. i tried 18.04 and didnt like it either. just felt too glitchy. just continue using 16.04 then if u have no problems with it. its a lts or long term support release anyway so its supported for 5 years so u can continue using it until 2021.

in the meantime anyway, until they come out with the next lts release, 20.04. hopefully, that will be less buggy than its predecessor. sometimes, the newer releases cause problems on older hardware.

i found that if your hardware doesnt upgrade but your software upgrades, that causes problems. if both your hardware and software upgrade, thats fine, so hardware and software upgrades go hand in hand. but if your hardware doesnt upgrade then there really isnt a need to upgrade the software.

Comment

Thanks ChaosLegionnaire; appreciate your help, ok i gave xubuntu 18.04 another shot,since i rarely give up ,it's my nature,either brake it or fix,here what i did i reinstalled the external ATI radion 6450 video card on my athlon ii x2 250 and uninstalled both Firefox and google chrome and installed Chromium from Software and log in in Chromium since it's same as chrome and since then no issues so far ,cross my finger,thanks

Comment

Working...
                X