Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auria EQ276W - Looking for Replacement LED Driver

Another dump find.

The screen resolution is 2560 X 1440, so it would be nice to get this working. I read it uses the same panel an an iMac.

The LED backlight driver board has a blown capacitor, however before it went, it looks like it got very hot. PC board traces are burnt, and even into the board surface.

I tried cleaning some of the burnt stuff, and replaced all the capacitors. I also added that jumper to an area that looked like the board copper was toasted. No luck

I'm not sure how many layers the PC board has, so I'm thinking it's too far gone. I tried looking for a replacement, but haven't been able to find one. I did a general search for the board. Also looked on eBay, Amazon and Shopjimmy. The part number on the back is HQ-LED28-1B.

Does anyone have any other places I could find this?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Attached Files

Re: Auria EQ276W - Looking for Replacement LED Driver

You may have bad LED wiring or some shorted out LED in the LED strings so they need to be checked. The board has 3 LED driver circuits thus 3 Boost converter circuit.
    Zyglobal P/N HQ-LED28-1B, it is REV_B.
    Last edited by budm; 05-03-2017, 09:57 AM.
    Never stop learning
    Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
    http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

"02" on the caps, WTF LOL.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Have you tried checking the mosfet Q3 and diode D3 for shorts?

Comment

Originally posted by pauldow View Post
          Another dump find.

The screen resolution is 2560 X 1440, so it would be nice to get this working. I read it uses the same panel an an iMac.

The LED backlight driver board has a blown capacitor, however before it went, it looks like it got very hot. PC board traces are burnt, and even into the board surface.

I tried cleaning some of the burnt stuff, and replaced all the capacitors. I also added that jumper to an area that looked like the board copper was toasted. No luck

I'm not sure how many layers the PC board has, so I'm thinking it's too far gone. I tried looking for a replacement, but haven't been able to find one. I did a general search for the board. Also looked on eBay, Amazon and Shopjimmy. The part number on the back is HQ-LED28-1B.

Does anyone have any other places I could find this?

Thanks,
          Paul
          Were you ever able to either fix the original board or find a replacement? I have the same monitor with the same problem. The only difference is that the middle capacitor is the one that blew, but the damage to the board is similar to the pic you posted. Just wondering if you ever found a solution... I hate to trash the monitor but I can't find a board. Thanks.

Comment

How many strips and how many LEDs per strip do you have? There are a lot of Chinese made LED Drivers on e-bay, I have used and have had no problem thus far. Most of the LED Drivers I had to use needed an additional DC-DC Converter to bring 12 V to 24V

Comment

Sorry, I'm a little out of my element when it come to this, so I'm not sure about the number of strips and leds/strip. It's an Auria EQ276W monitor (2560x1440) and the attached file shows the board and failed capacitor.

Thanks.
              Attached Files

Comment

I don’t see any blown capacitor in either case. Looks to me that glue that keeps capacitors in place has played a bad joke to the circuit, as it has been pointed many times in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Chungalin View Post
                  I don't see any blown capacitor in either case. Looks to me that glue that keeps capacitors in place has played a bad joke to the circuit, as it has been pointed many times in this forum.
                  ok... the underside of the capacitor appeared to be compromised, but again, all I was trying to do is find out if I could find a replacement board since repairing this one looked futile.

Comment

Can you determine on the board the VCC, ON/OFF, GND and P-DIM pins? If so I may be able to recommend a substitute that works for me.

Comment

https://www.yoycart.com/Product/537007292151/
                      If you want to go that route, and just remove the bad glue first.
                      Just search for 'HQ-LED28-1B'
                      Last edited by budm; 10-17-2018, 02:23 PM.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

+1k
                        That will work. It almost looks like, if not an exact replacement.

Comment

Did this ever work for anyone?

I have the same monitor, same problem. Replaced the caps, it worked fine for about 3 days and then died again. Entire driver board looks shot.

Comment

Bump? Nobody's bought this board and had it work?

Comment

I never got an email telling me there were replies to this thread, so I never came back. Ironically, this thread came up in a search. I am planning on buying the board from the link in the previous post. One question though, what's the problem with the glue and what's the best way to remove it? Just scrape it off or does it need to be heated?

I guess I can practice on the old board since it's trash anyway, but does the glue need to be replaced with something else or can the caps just sit freely?
                              Last edited by jackyl; 12-20-2018, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I ordered one of the boards but today I got an email saying they were out of stock. I think it might be time to take the monitor to the range...

Comment

Originally posted by jackyl View Post
                                  I ordered one of the boards but today I got an email saying they were out of stock. I think it might be time to take the monitor to the range...
                                  That sucks. That is a bad sign, with an OOS error! For the name of Jesus, I think there are LCD monitors from the socket 775-period that could outlast those suckers! If not easily!

On December 26, 2015, when it was mild, IIRC, there was a shop just down Main St. that had a used Samsung TN monitor from the socket 775 period and it still was working like brand new! Even though I don't know if the CCFLs or the like, got changed or not. It was intended to be gaming-grade, with 2 ms advertised on it, IIRC.
                                  Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-24-2018, 11:23 PM.
                                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I did find a few other suppliers on that same website that supposedly have the same board, so I'll probably try one of them before I truly give up. I'll most likely wait until the first purchase has been credited back, but I'll post an update here if I actually find a board.

Comment

okay, I was worried about that. I've had mine for a long time and really love the monitor. I don't mind spending 20 or even 40 bucks to fix it, but beyond that it's probably not worthwile with nice monitors getting down to the $150 range now.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyl View Post
                                        I guess I can practice on the old board since it's trash anyway, but does the glue need to be replaced with something else or can the caps just sit freely?
                                        No need to replace the glue. It was put there simply to prevent the caps from moving while being soldered at the factory and also helps protect them during shipping of the monitor. (A hard drop can make them pull out of their leads).

That said, also scrape away all the black sooth that has burned from that board. Then wipe with IPA. You might have to do this several times until you see a somewhat less charred PCB underneath. The black sooth can be conductive, so that's why it needs to be cleaned.

You may also have a burned MOSFET and diode. Possibly a controller too. Not an easy fix if you don't have much tools and you've never done any soldering before. But not that hard if you have soldered at least a few times before.

Comment

Working...
                                        X