• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Just stopped in to say Hi.

Comment

Hello, world. With my soldering iron, I mostly install cap kits and laptop DC power jacks. very helpful information here I've found so far.

Peace, Joe

Comment

New guy, old analog hand but not a smps guru yet

Hi, I use the same name markthefixer over on audiokarma mainly in the pioneer audio forum, where I am an answer guy mainly for Pioneer equipment.

I've been a tech since the 70's....

BUT, I am a SMPS neophyte... I INTEND to change that....

Funny thing, besides bad electrical contacts in the vintage audio equipment, old dried out electrolytic capacitors and shorting/shorted tantalum/aluminum solids are the bane of my existence.

Been reading for a long long time, and getting along without the stuff that isn't visible to non-members. I decided to change that.

Comment

Obmar-(Rambo backwards sice it was taken) repair computers and experienced Dell Optiplex badcap fiasco. Hello to everybody

Comment

Hello guys. I came across this board when I was trying to fix a LCD monitor a while back. I have some electronics experience.

Thanks!!!

Comment

myname captrquig
              age 68
              I appreciate the opportunity to ask technical questions and am looking forward to viewing expert advice.

Comment

Hi guys,
                nice to meet you from Italy

Comment

Hello to everyone at Badcaps ,glad to be here .

Comment

Hi, just came across this forum whilst searching for technical info on a TV fault.
                    What I found was very informative!
                    I'm joining with the hope of sharing in the knowledge.

Comment

hi

Comment

This forum looks interesting, so I joined. I'm a retired electrical engineer having worked in circuit and system design, as well as business development, at Hughes Aircraft Co. for over 30 years. Now I'm just doing fun stuff for my own interests. I like hands on troubleshooting and repair of electrical/electronic hardware to keep Alzheimers at bay. I'm also an out-of-date MCSE and Microsoft Certified Trainer. tommiek

Comment

Hello to everybody , glad to be here .

Comment

Welcome everybody!!!!!!!!!

and welcome back to me .... again xD

peace.
                            We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

Hello, I am from Ontario, Canada. DIY just about everything, been in the repair and troubleshooting business for 20 years. Looking for info about an LCD power supply board and ran accross this site.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                Hi, I'm bigmonk, I am really green at all of this, I've had a couple plasma t.v's go out on me (philips 42" model #42PF7321d/37 blinking red light/ & a Dell 50" model # W5001C HD no picture no sound.) So I've been frequenting forums to try to get information to fix these plasma's myself. I've had some really helpful information I just hope I get it right. I am a pretty good handyman/ tinkerer, so I hope that these skills come in handy. I paid good money for these sets and don't plan on throwing them away, just trying to fix them at minimum cost!!

Comment

Hi,
                                  New here and what a great site, I've already fixed a Samsumg monitor and I'm now working on a Viewsonic. I've brought a 55" Mitsubishi RPTV that was destined for the dump back to life for $40.00. I like to fix things up and I'm cheap. Thank you to everyone for all the great info.
                                  Dave

Comment

Hi, my name is Ryan, Im happy a community like this exists I cant wait to tap into its resources!

Comment

Hi Great forum. Retired now but still love tinkering with electronics. No bigger thrill than bringing something back to life. Never too old to learn.

Comment

hello badcaps members thanks for the chance to be part of this group. st julian is my name. my home is the outskirts of charleston sc i am blessed to get a chance to this wealth of knowledge and help thanks in advance.

st julian

Comment

Hello,

So many dead monitors, so little time.

Comment

Working...
                                          X