Aspire a315 DA0ZAVMB8E0 REV E no power , no charge no led . DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aspire a315 DA0ZAVMB8E0 REV E no power , no charge no led . DEAD

Hi Guys , hi got this notebook in short .

Initially was no short but totally dead , replaced PD1 but now i got short , when i plug a charger it , go in protection.
    Measuring in diode mode on pin 3 i got 0 short to ground . What can be checked ??? can i inject voltage with bench psu to detect heat?
    Attached Files

Re: Aspire a315 DA0ZAVMB8E0 REV E no power , no charge no led . DEAD

test PQ1 N Channel Fet in diode Source Drain Gate mode this might be your short
    test PC5 & PC1 Caps
    Last edited by Techtiger; 02-21-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Tomorrow I verify but how to create a short to ground if the mosfet has no pin to ground.

Just to learn

Comment

Originally posted by lordgeny View Post
        Tomorrow I verify but how to create a short to ground if the mosfet has no pin to ground.

Just to learn
        The power has stop the way it's supposed to go for example PC5 PC16 Caps dies (0 ohms) if the insulator destroyed now the Cap is short to GND

What is a short circuit then? Its simple flow of current stops because one of the SMD components died for example PR29 died and the voltage stops their

Comment

i removed pq1 and short is gone ... measuring it source to drain are 0 its gone ?

Comment

i replaced with new one pq1 and now seem to be killed 0 in reading , beforce was like 390 in diode mode...

Comment

ok with pq1 removed i found that source pin are short to ground

Comment

yes so PQ2 section pc 12 and 7 .. . idont have boardview files

Comment

i removed pq1 and short is gone ... measuring it source to drain are 0 its gone ?
                  PQ1 is a N-Channel Fet place the Red Probe in either of pin 123 pins Source side & Black Probe in either pin 5 Drain side test Value & Black Probe in pin 4 Gate Red probe in Source either of pin 123 for Value & Black Probe in pin 4 Gate Red probe in Drain either of pin 5 for Value in diode mode if its 0 ohms that's bad

Comment

i replaced with new one pq1 and now seem to be killed 0 in reading , beforce was like 390 in diode mode...
                    when say befour out of the board ?

Comment

yes so PQ2 section pc 12 and 7 .. . idont have boardview files
                      no need of Boardview Schematic is fine if you follow through, do you have bench psu if so you can inject voltage to find out the heating SMD components but no 19V
                      Last edited by Techtiger; 02-22-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

yes out of board i have now this situation with pq1 removed.

i already checked all the caps in the line out of the board but no one is in short

pc7 pc17 pc12 pc2 pc36 pc25 pc35
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by lordgeny; 02-22-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

i injected 5v 2a but no heating that i can sense with hand ... ?? how many amps can i try ?

Comment

i feel only cpu little hot

Comment

50c

Comment

Since your CPU is getting hot you have to check 19V caps, SOC CPU all integrated PCH etc
                                Trace Schematic May be Page 27 28 29

Comment

Test PJ8000 PC8001

Comment

i will check ... maybe are alumium caps that can pass many amps without become hot ?

Comment

Check this out it might help you
                                      https://youtu.be/AOALg_rDIZk

Comment

i will check ... maybe are alumium caps that can pass many amps without become hot ?
                                        Yes those aluminum cap get bad very often with out any short

https://youtu.be/t5fICjcaJ3E

Comment

Working...
                                        X