Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macbook Air A1466 820-00165 Won't Boot with battery installed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook Air A1466 820-00165 Won't Boot with battery installed.

I have a Macbook Air A1466 820-00165 that will not boot with the battery plugged in, it will boot of the charger but only when the battery is disconnected. With both the charger and the battery connected I get fan spin for about 5 seconds before it shuts off. When powered off the charger with the battery disconnected everything seems to work fine. It boots into the OS sees WiFi both keyboard and track pad work it also doesn't have a chime I believe but that's for later on. I have both the BoardView and schematics for this board. If I skipped any info or you need any more details please let me know.

Re: Macbook Air A1466 820-00165 Won't Boot with battery installed.

Try PRAM reset. If there's an EFI password set you'll have to remove it first.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Just tried it, Got sound back so guess nothing is wrong with it but everything else remains the same.

Comment

Did you try another battery?
        What happens with battery only, no charger?
        What's the voltage on PPBUS_G3H, PP3V42_G3H with battery and without battery?

Comment

With just the battery only it does nothing. I have no access to a new/known good battery. I will check and post the voltages after I get back form work. And thank you for your help.

Comment

PPBUS_G3H on battery 0.04v
            PP3V42_G3H on battery 0v
            PPBUS_G3H on charger 8.58v
            PP3V42_G3H on charger 3.43v
            PPBUS_G3H on battery+charger 8.58v
            PP3V42_G3H on battery+charger 3.43v

It also looks like the battery did not get a charge overnight. Sorry if this info is useless I have very little experience working with macs

Comment

It looks like a dead battery to me, but first confirm the voltage on PPVBAT_G3H_CONN with battery only, charger disconnected.

Comment

I'm getting 0v across PPVBAT_G3H_CONN
                Last edited by Psi; 02-15-2019, 11:51 AM. Reason: a word "an across" to "across"

Comment

Tore the battery apart and the main IC on the charge board is corroded with 3 pins missing. Are ifixit batteries any good? Also Thank you very much for your input and time.
                  Last edited by Psi; 02-15-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X