Sony KDL-50W800C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-50W800C

Having a strange issue, just wanted to know if anyone's seen this issue before. I'm getting shadows on bright spots on my picture. It doesn't happen all of the time, but is progressively getting more persistent. I'm thinking main board or tcon, but more the main board.

I've tried changing picture adjustments, etc. Half tempted to buy a new tv and work on this one at my leisure.

Here's link to my googledrive with some examples. Let me know if anyone's seen this before. Tempted to contact Sony. Not expecting them to fix it, would just like what to replace.

Pictures: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Oq?usp=sharing

Re: Sony KDL-50W800C

Looks like the Panel is going bad, to me.

Comment

Almost looks like a GPU issue I've seen on PC's. Hoping not the panel. Emailed Sony support to get their input. It's not constant, just with brighter contrasting colors. If I adjust the contrast or black level. it does change, but doesn't go away.

Comment

I would guess main or tcon. Maybe measure the voltages on the tcon to see if something there is out of whack.

Comment

I may have just lucked out. The TV is under a 3 year warranty from the date it was shipped. I received it back in May 2016. Even if they go by mfg date, it was made in October 2015. The Video gods are smiling upon me for once.

I'll let everyone know how I make out and what the issue is if they repair vs. replace.

I did do a factory reset and checked the firmware levels...all good. Going to do a power reset as recommended by Sony then if that doesn't work then call warranty support.

It's getting worse, on dark scenes, getting red blotches/shadows. On bright white areas, getting blue blotches, and in Yellow, Green blotches.

Whatever it is, thank goodness they have a 3 year warranty. Bummer is, I just sold a TCL 48" tv that I fixed instead of keeping it for a spare. Next tv I fix goes into storage for future spare usage. I have tv's in other rooms, but the wife likes to watch tv in the living room.

Comment

Now Sony tells me 2 year warranty. Going to buy a main board and try it. from the symptoms I've seen of TCons, this doesn't match it. If the main board doesn't fix it, I can always resell, then I'll get a TCon.

Comment

Your link is not working.send me a pic. I will guide you

Comment

Originally posted by Aakashlimbu View Post
                Your link is not working.send me a pic. I will guide you
                These are old posts. Links no good after 4 years.
                I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
                X