Vizio VL470M - HDMI Ports Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VL470M - HDMI Ports Dead

I have this model TV Mainboard is: 3647-0252-0150(6c) At first the HDMI devices stopped displaying and the TV showed this error "This content requires HDCP for playback. HDCP isn't supported by your HDMI connection. This content requires HDCP for playback" or something similar can't quite remember now. All HDMI ports would give the error when moving the same device from one port to another. Tried all the usual, new cables, TV reset, Devices reset, etc. with no success. So I bought some HDMI Port splitters from Amazon which generate a HDCP 2.1 signal which made each device work again. All was good for several months then last week the dreaded "No Signal" on all HDMI ports. The TV still works other than that, Antenna Tuner, the composite port which is where I moved my satellite box to be able to watch it.

My question is: Since all HDMI ports are equal in the error, what chip, solder connection etc. could I focus on/replace, etc. to attempt to fix? I noticed each HDMi port has a small EEPROM - ATMLH948 and they seem to terminate to a P130HDMI chip. I see a a lot of EEPROM's being sold online for TV fixes none really saying HDMI as one of them. I have bench experience, a converted toaster oven as a reflow oven, SMD air station and routinely build small SMD projects and am capable of replacing most SMD components. Can anyone direct me with some ideas as to what the issue could be please? I've fixed many a TV over the years but have never run into this particular issue before. I think I could fix it with a bit of direction. Anyone?

Thanks, Kelly O'Connor

Re: Vizio VL470M - HDMI Ports Dead

Did I not post correctly? No replies at all?

Comment

Look a round for a new board The common chip to all the HDMI port is most likely defective. I am not certain about the availability and your skill to remove and replace a close knit chip like that. You are probably not getting any response because we like to see photos of what we are trying to troubleshoot since we do not have the TV or board in front of us . No photo makes troubleshooting d8ifficult and a waste of time.

Comment

Andrew, thanks so much for letting me know about the board Image. I just assumed I provided enough information with the TV model and board number. I've taken a picture of the HDMI area and i'm guessing the chip you referenced is U26. If it is, that one might be beyond my skillset and as you suggested, I should look for another board. I've already started. Thanks again!
        Attached Files

Comment

the I3HDMI 245 is the HDMI switch IC.

Comment

Working...
          X