Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P4SD - case J7X

Originally posted by MXM
    I have a question, why does that area needed some heat, Ive always avoided applying such heat into that specific area given the fact that my common sense tells me that's the area most exposed to heat and high temps on the board while working....... ???
    that's exactly the problem. solder connections of the socket get thermally stressed during operation.
    if there's a prescott CPU on there, the temp always fluctuates between room temperature when it's off and the usual prescott temps of around 50-60°C when it's in use.
    not to mention the mechanical stress from the heatsink..

both combined and the solder gets hairline cracks leading to that weird behavior like this board had (works only sometimes, freezes, etc. ..)

through-hole CPU sockets are far more robust against this, but were probably more expensive..

Comment

^ Thanks.

UPDATE: I added the other DIMM, it has been working, mtest+ for the last 31mins, 2 complete passes, 0 errors. Still dont know if call it a success but one detail i like is the fact that I havent heard the CPU fan going to its max speed. I will update later on this day.

Thank you all, again, for the ideas and your time.
      We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

UPDATE: As of right now, the board has been running mtest+ for 2 hours with no errors, with both DIMMs installed, I am about to leave and put it under mprime and check tomorrow.

Thanks again.
        We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

UPDATE: Just arrived today -good morning- and the board has kept running mprime with successful results. I think is time to call it.

To everyone who helped me out, one more board fixed by this community;

THANKS.

etnietering
          stj
          c_hegge
          kaniki
          PCBONEZ
          Scenic

peace.

Comment

Congrats!
            Mann-Made Global Warming.
            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
            -
            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
            -

Comment

Good to hear it is working.

PS. Could you please not use so many in-line pics in future? It takes too long to load them all.
              I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

well.. now you know what to try with all the other P4SD boards first

Comment

Yeah, thanks!! Thats what ive been doing with the other boards I posted, and for sure i got otehr that just arrived which are going under same procedure, THANKS

and yeah i will try to imrpove my picture taking and posting, sorry about that.

Peace and thanks again for your time and replies. This particular board has had no return since released.

Comment

Working...
                  X