Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN58B860 clicking on and off and screen not coming on

Hey everyone!

I am hoping someone can help me out. I have an 11 year old Samsung P58B60 plasma that has been a great TV! Recently we must have had a power surge and I have been struggling to get it back working again. I just can't bring myself to throw it out as it is such a good TV. The symptoms are that when you try to turn it on all you get is clicking. The clicking is coming from a relay on the left power board. Thinking that this was going to be easy I went ahead and purchased replacement power boards. Nope no luck. Next I change the logic board and the input control board. Nope no luck. As a last ditch effort I changed the touch/IR board thinking that maybe it was causing the issue.. Nope.

In my testing I have left the left and right display (for lack of a better term) boards unplugged. Due to the design of this tv I have to have both power boards and the input board connected to try and turn it on. I have been unable to find a service manual so I am flying a bit blind. I know my way around a multimeter and a soldering gun so I just am looking for some guidance on how to test to figure out what is wrong. Part of me is questioning if the boards I got are good or not because at this stage I have replaced all the boards that are connected with ones that are supposed to be good and I am still having the same issue. I apricate any help someone can offer!

Re: Samsung PN58B860 clicking on and off and screen not coming on

Ok so I have done some more testing.
    I have confirmed that the Va, Vs, Ve, and Vsc voltages are right where they should be during the click cycling on the appropriate boards. The capacitors on the PS board are at the right voltage as well.

I am struggling on how to bypass the main board to put the TV into test mode. I can find the jumpers on the logic board to enable it but jumping PS_ON to GND and VS_ON to STD5V on the output connector of the right hand power board does nothing. Does anyone have good instruction on exactly how to do this?

My gut is telling me that the main board I purchased is not good but i would like to see if the test mode will work or not.

Comment

You have to remove the ldvs ribbon from the mainboard too. I thought you only have to jumper ps-on. Pins 3 and 4 on the logic board are the ones you short. Plug in tv and check for patterns.

Comment

Ok so I tried this again. Pulled the ldvs cable from the main board. Jumped 3 and 4 on the logic board and jumped PS-ON to GND. Leaving the X-main and Y-main boards connected and nothing happened. Tried with VS_ON to STD5V vs the PS_ON and still nothing. Tried jumping on the connector on the PS board and as well as on the end of the cable going to the Main board.

Comment

So I wanted to update this. After a bunch of work and finding someone in MN to help out I have learned 2 things. #1 - To turn this set on via bypassing the main broad you have to jump PS_ON to ground and just stick a screw in to jump all the pins on the logic board. Once I did that I found that the logic board I ordered to replace the one I thought was bad was in turn bad and mine was fine! At the end of the day only the main board was bad. Now i just need to find a good one as i have already gotten 2 that don't work.

Comment

Working...
          X