ASUS A442UR No CPU VCORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS A442UR No CPU VCORE

anyone experienced with this kind of problem?
    things done so far:
    - flashed bios from this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ghlight=a442ur
    - tried editing the bios downloaded from asus website
    - changing the NCP81236A (VRM Controller)

all power rails present even on discrete GPU (0.9V) and VRAM (1.35V)

help would be appreciated, thanks

mainboard id: X442UQ Rev.2.0

Re: ASUS A442UR No CPU VCORE

usually bios update can solve that.. try to replace the coil and 2 mosfets connected to the processor.. or if you have the schematics..trace the signal of the gate of mosfet that powers the processor.. or try this at you own risk try to inject 1 volt and see if the processor turns on gudluck...
    Last edited by Duranitron; 07-26-2020, 06:02 AM.
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

thank's for the answer... sadly i don't have (yet) the schematic nor boardview for this board and i only have a multimeter to check, what signal should i trace?

Comment

processor core voltage is 1 or 1.2 volts depending on processor..you said that you measure all the voltage rails.. usually the core voltage is produced by an inductor coil and mosfet capacitor buck converter located near the processor.. try to check for failing mosfets or the uncommon open inductor coil..

Comment

this mainboard use i7 for processor, no open inductor or bad mosfet and there were no voltage produced from inductor near the processor. after i trace the mosfet path, the gate is controlled by NCP81236A (no datasheet available) and i've been replace it too. further trace i found that this ic also control buck converter for other two inductor and those three inductor are flat zero volt.

where should i checked again?

Comment

Originally posted by kodox View Post
            this mainboard use i7 for processor, no open inductor or bad mosfet and there were no voltage produced from inductor near the processor. after i trace the mosfet path, the gate is controlled by NCP81236A (no datasheet available) and i've been replace it too. further trace i found that this ic also control buck converter for other two inductor and those three inductor are flat zero volt.

Post your original bios in the bios requests section. Are there any white/green stickers with the model number on the RAM slot ,X442UQ,X442UR or X442URR.
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-28-2020, 01:17 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Post your original bios in the bios requests section. Are there any white/green stickers with the model number on the RAM slot ,X442UQ,X442UR or X442URR.
              i think i've mentioned mainboard model on my first post, it's a X442UQ Rev.2.0 mainboard

Comment

i think i've mentioned mainboard model on my first post, it's a X442UQ Rev.2.0 mainboard
                Yes, but is it silkscreened on the board or on the sticker. Post the part number on the sticker if it has one,and a picture
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i've just noticed, the sticker and the silkscreen is different
                  Attached Files

Comment

i've just noticed, the sticker and the silkscreen is different
                    Yes thats what i wanted to know.If you look at the bios downloads on the asus support site it offers 2 different ones for the X442UR and X442URR ,we got the bios "X442UR" name from your bios backup anyway.Its always worth checking as its easy to get different bios mixed up with asus boards.

https://www.asus.com/id/Laptops/ASUS...HelpDesk_BIOS/

Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-28-2020, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Yes thats what i wanted to know.If you look at the bios downloads on the asus support site it offers 2 different ones for the X442UR and X442URR ,we got the bios "X442UR" name from your bios backup anyway.Its always worth checking as its easy to get different bios mixed up with asus boards.

https://www.asus.com/id/Laptops/ASUS...HelpDesk_BIOS/

i've tried your bios from https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=86909
                      the problem still remain, i think the processor is dead anyway

Comment

the processor is not dead ... there is only no power so u need to figure out how this unit powers the i7 processor.. make sure NCP81236A have VCC focus on these ic..

Alternative Parts
                        (Cross-Reference) ISL6265AHRTZ-T; MAX17019ATM+; LTC2950CTS8-2#TRM;
                        https://www.win-source.net/on-semico...1236mntxg.html

try that...
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Duranitron; 07-29-2020, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
                          the processor is not dead ... there is only no power so u need to figure out how this unit powers the i7 processor.. make sure NCP81236A have VCC focus on these ic..
                          thank's for the support, actually this board had consumed 14 day of my time without any progress and the owner decided to take it back.
                          as far as remember the NCP had 3.3v, 5.2v and 19v input without any output on three inductor, no datasheet avail. also for the chip makes me more frustating after no boardview or schematic found on web

Comment

I posted the boardview. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85968 . you could have checked P_IMVP8_EN .

Comment

NCP81246 might be similar.
                              CPU requests its own CPU VCore voltage. Gotta make sure VCCSA is present first.
                              OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I posted the boardview. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=85968 . you could have checked P_IMVP8_EN .
                                thank's for the boardview, saved for later use. cause the unit has been taken by the owner, but, assume i had P_IMVP8_EN signal should i have voltage on VCCSA inductor (PL8104 on boardview)? what if not?

Comment

Hello friends greetings, I have the same failure of the partner with the same motherboard model x442uq rev: 2.0; I already made bios and it remains the same.

Checking the forum I observe that I do not have the * P_IMVP8_EN * and according to the boardview it comes from pin 98 of the kbc but I check and I do not have 3v voltage.

I stay tuned thanks friends !!
                                  Last edited by piernov; 07-29-2021, 04:03 AM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Thank you Sir SMDFlea

Comment

Working...
                                    X