Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denon avr 2802 with no sound on speaker

Originally posted by addahasan View Post
    I can transfer the amount to you and you can ship it to my address, would that be ok?
    Order the DSP IC from whereever you want and change that first.
    If that does not resolve the issue, only then contact me and we can discuss
    the FLASH IC.

Comment

Man you are a life saver. rock on dude

I really really need to send you some voice note. Can you PM me your whatsapp number? I will alway be grateful and help anyway i can when needed.

I returned the AVC-3800 today and against that I bought the JAMO Center Speaker. Now all I need is the DENON AVR-2802 to work. Because its the only AMP that matches with my speakers aswell as the required Output wattage.

Its a must to have both the IC's because if if if if..... DSP IC is working and the Programming IC is failed then we'll be back where we started. even if its in working order after the DSP change, I'll atleast have a backup of Programing IC when needed.

I do have some cousin living in US. I'll transfer the amount to you and you can program the IC and send it to them, they'll bring it over here.

Cause I want this thing to work I loved at and we all did, my father is a audiophile listener and he loved the sound that denon AVR-2802 produced.

Appreciate all that you did till now

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by azchris View Post
      I looked at the DSP datasheet and the -CLZ version simply means it's a lead-free package.
      So it should work just fine. (See attached screen grab).
      You can download the datasheet anywhere off the web but I've also attached it.
      I didn't think paypal would be a problem but hey, order from whereever you want.

Comment

Ooh sorry just saw your post. OK ordering the DSP IC.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by azchris View Post
        Order the DSP IC from whereever you want and change that first.
        If that does not resolve the issue, only then contact me and we can discuss
        the FLASH IC.

Comment

My denon is working the Denon AVR-2802 is 100% fully working condition and special thank to AZChris who actually is responsible for the flash IC. i replaced both IC the DSP IC is easily accessible in the market but for ATMEL ic you need programmed IC. Or like AZCHRIS did. Just follow his procedure.

Thank you again azChris
          Last edited by addahasan; 08-18-2018, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Glad you were able to get your Denon working again.
            Anyone else looking for the FLASH IC, I may be able to provide it.

Comment

Hi azchris i have the same broblem with my denon avr 2802 (no sound) can you sent me
              an already programmed ic chip (ATMEL AT49LV00270TC)?

Comment

Hello,
                I am a small French hacker, sorry for the translation ...
                The idea for me was to repair my DENON AVR-2802 without buying a memory or programmer : maladroit:
                In addition, orders in China impossible with Coronavirus.
                Thanks to azchris for all the valuable information :clin d'Å“il:

I used an ARDUINO MEGA 2560 to program a W29C020 memory that I had in stock of the same size 256k x 8
                A SPI mode SD card reader

I used the 256Kb azchris flash file, renamed to "HEX.bin" copied to an old 128MB SD card formatted in FAT32 or FAT16.
                Thank you, thank you to azchris

For information, I tried with a 2GB SD card but does not work ...

I made sure to read the SD card by block of 0x80 Octect because the Arduno does not manage the 256K Octect at once.

The wiring details in the file "FLASH_DENON.ino"
                For W29C020, a PDF file for erasing and programming procedures.
                The procedures can be different on other Flash memory.
                The W29C020 memory is in 5 volts but works very well in 3.3 volts on the amplifier.

It is not super clean with the wires but it does not bother me as long as it works well.

I'm happy, my Denon amplifier is coming back to life

I kept the old memory just in case.

Hope this can help someone.
                Attached Files

Comment

wow, that is a really impressive & creative solution, to use an Old DIP32-size FLASH memory in place of the surface mount type. I'm glad you were able to get this 5V FLASH to work at 3.3V.

Comment

It's still thanks to you, it was you who started ...
                    I couldn't have flashed without your 256 KB file.
                    Thanks again.

Comment

File not present

Comment

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but in post #99 I have included a zip file with the binary for the DSP FLASH IC.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=99

Comment

Folks,
                          I also have one of these intermittent 2802s I would like to fix. Here are the symptoms:
                          I can get the receiver to work by presetting it to the settings I need then power cycling the receiver by turning off/on the power strip the plug is in. It will come up working in the mode I set it before power cycle. Volume control works and I get good power to the speakers. I can play with the tuner settings and it work fine. If I initially mains power it on set for VCR1 or DVD, for example, it will take inputs from these.
                          Once powered up, if I change source I lose audio. If I try to set the source back to the one that was just working, the audio will not come back. I have two choices to get audio back. First if I power cycle the receiver it will come back with audio and the volume control works. Second, if I turn the receiver off/on from the receiver power switch, it will come back with audio but usually the volume control will change the indication but the actual audio will not change level. In this second case I can then power cycle the receiver and it will come back with audio and the volume control works.
                          It appears the receiver, on mains plug power up, will return to the last settings before power off but many functions do not work if changed after power on.
                          I would also like to add that all my experimenting works with Stereo mode. If I pick a surround mode (dolby or other) I get no audio no matter what.

What I have done so far:
                          I resoldered the flash pins, the analog switch ICs and connector pins while the DSP board was out. No change.
                          I replaced the DSP and no change, then I replaced the flash with the duplicate hex code loaded (checksum correct for the 4M part) and no change either. Exactly the same symptoms.
                          Unless someone has a good idea what these symptoms point to, I will need to start tracing the signals again and maybe checking pins on the DSP.
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sparx_59 View Post
                            Here you go
                            https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcembdd9eq...02%20dump?dl=0

Flash it on a new chip, solder it on the board, and ready!
                            Hello! Could you please re-download this image. I am having the same problem. Thank.

Comment

Hello!

I have Denon AVR X1500H without sound. Everything else seems working. When I change DSP modes, relays don't click (active is only front relay). Has anyone experience with this model?

Best regards
                              Aljaz

Comment

Hello, I have the same symptoms like dr z lab. Replaced the DSP and flash memory, but there is no sound. Please share experience with this model.

Best regards Stanislav

Comment

Here you go
                                  https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcembdd9eq...02%20dump?dl=0

Flash it on a new chip, solder it on the board, and ready!
                                  Hello!

Can anybody share the flash file for IC817 (AT49LV002-70TC)?

Best regards

Comment

Sir,denon abr 2802 service manual send my mail id:94430s19684@gmail.com

Comment

Denon AVR-2802 with no sound on speakers

Please can anybody share the flash file for IC817 AT49LV002-70TC

many thanks
                                      SPL

Comment

Hello sparx 59,
                                        Please can you help?(sorry to disturb)
                                        Have you any opportunity to send me one chip (AT49LV00270TC)
                                        for AVR-2802 .
                                        I have exactly the same faulty on my Denon that you mention on https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=45694&page=3

if possible, Im from Portugal and is easy to send to you the paiment for it.
                                        Thanks for your support
                                        SPL

Comment

To be complete: The problem is the IC817. This is a flash chip wich holds the data for the DSP uprocessor. This chip will sometimes fail. The data is still in it, but the processor has problems reading it due to wear. In other words: the chip is getting old. I was lucky enough to be able to read the data from a faulty chip with a programmer. Flashing this data in a freash chip resulted in a fully working rom. I had replaced two boards with these chips, and this fixed the problem. I know Denon does not support the avr 2802 anymore, so I want to share the fix to help ppl with this problem. Please feel free to ask any question! I am happy to answer them.

Comment

Working...
                                          X