NAND Flash Array Schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAND Flash Array Schematics

Hi everyone. Wasnt sure where to seek help for this project. But here it is:

I am looking for some kind of circuit schematics of NAND flash array. Something similar to Solid State Drives. I really cant find any schematics that involve multiple NAND storage chips connected together to form an array just like in SSD or pc RAM for that matter :-)

Please if any one knows some hidden corner on the internet :-)

These are useful links that I found:
    NAND Flash 101
    NAND Flash Applications Design Guide
    CO-Design of NAND Flash
    TSOP, BGA, LGA, & COB Nand Flash

Last edited by Redion; 04-28-2012, 12:04 AM.

Re: NAND Flash Array Schematics

In other words you're trying to find SSD schematics?

You're unlikely to find anything as the manufacturers keep them secret.

However there isn't much to them, the standard NAND flash interface is well-known (and defined by ONFI) and all the SSDs simply connect each flash' data and command lines to the cotroller directly. Power and ground will be shared.

Simply examining an SSD's PCB will be sufficient to get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by b700029 View Post
      In other words you're trying to find SSD schematics?
      Simply examining an SSD's PCB will be sufficient to get the idea.
      Schematics to an array of NAND flash. Just an idea is not enough. I am looking for actual schematics.

Comment

I am not looking for schematics to one particular model of SSD by manufacturer that has its schematics in secret; but something general to go from. Like 2 or 4 flash connected together and see how schematics change when more chips are added.

Comment

Connect all the data and command lines of each chip to the appropriate pins on the controller. Connect the power and ground rails of each in parallel.

There's not much beyond that.

Comment

The connections between the controller and NAND flash devices depends on the controller manufacturer, as far as I know.
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
            X