Linksys EF2S24, V2 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linksys EF2S24, V2 not working

I'd replace the startup cap first. If it can't hold a charge or filter properly, it just won't start up. (think of a semi-dead car battery. you might get it to start, but most of the time it won't fire up)

Check the datasheet of IC1 for the max. supply voltage (Vcc).
    That's the minimum voltage you have to use for the (temporary) replacement startup cap.
    A 100uF 25-35V (maybe 16V if the supply voltage for IC1 is actually just 12V.. go measure) would work, but delay the startup a bit (takes longer to charge up)

So if the datasheet says Vcc is max. 20V, a 25+V cap would be what you need.
    However, if you measure the voltage to the Vcc pin and it's actually just 12V (pretty common), a 16V cap would work too. At least for a temporary setup
    Last edited by Scenic; 12-08-2011, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shovenose View Post
      To re-summarize:
      The "starup cap" that was mentioned previous does have the voltage bouncing up and down while the power cycles on and off rapidly.
      Replace the startup cap with something like Panasonic FC.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK. I'll do that on the weekend. I'll replace the little startup capacitor.

Comment

Yay! It works! Granted, it takes like 5 seconds to turn on because I used a (brand new, Samxon) 100uF 16V cap, but it works on the first try! lol.

Are there any tests I could do with my multimeter on the old cap to ascertain its's failure?

thank you to everybody who helped!

Comment

Working...
          X