Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPS symbols should be shown on prompting to push the button

http://youtu.be/K0-9QMRPEbE

Doing this would be of great help to consumers, considering the fact that not all wireless routers use the official "cycle" logo for this function, as used under Windows 7.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: WPS symbols should be shown on prompting to push the button

Cluttering an interface with symbols won't make it easier for consumers, on the contrary.

It will just make the interface more scary and difficult. The majority of Windows users are non-technical so they don't even know what that "encryption" means and what the 3 letter shortname means. Ffs they'll tell you they use "The Internet" when you ask them what browser they use or they say their operating system is "Dell",

They barely understand the "signal" icon and that's simply because it looks close to the icon they have on their phones.

It's very easy to make assumptions but understand that Microsoft, Apple etc have teams of probably hundreds of people that do usability tests for every little thing in the operating system.

I really recommend you to read Raymon Chen's blog "The Old New Thing" - he's one of the guys that worked on Windows since the Windows 95 days and still works there. You can learn quite a lot from all kinds of tricks and decisions they had to use either because the computers were too slow or people were too dumb.

As a programmer/freelancer etc I had a lot of thoughts about why some things annoyed me or why they work like that but after reading his blog I really started to appreciate the complexity of some things.

Here's the blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/

You should start from the end and focus on the articles tagged "History" but lots of good insightful posts don't have tags so you'll miss a lot if you filter by tags: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/...?PageIndex=339

You'll thank me later.

Oh and unrelated... the videos are cool but you should really try to look at the camera when you're talking otherwise it makes the videos weird and the person watching focuses on you instead of your message.

Try using some transparent foil with your text over the camera's objective to write down the text or even a simple plain sheet of paper under it.

Comment

People actually use this?
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
        Ffs they'll tell you they use "The Internet" when you ask them what browser they use or they say their operating system is "Dell"
        HAHA brilliant! That would have been me a few years ago... but we all gota start somewhere
        System: HP xw6600 Workstation, 650W PSU | 2x Intel Xeon Quad E5440 @2.83GHz | 8x 1GB FB-DDR2 @ 667MHz | Kingston/Intel X25-M 160GB SSD | 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3, RAID0 | 1x 1TB Spinpoint F3, backup | ATI FireGL V7700 512MB | Sony Optiarc DVD +/-RW | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | 2x Dell UltraSharp U2410f | Dell E248WFP

Comment

Working...
        X