WPS button also having function for factory reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPS button also having function for factory reset

On some wireless access points, the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button can also serve as a factory reset function .
    One access point required this combination button to be pressed for one second for WPS, and five seconds for a factory reset (instructions were on this access point, but some don't!)
    If you press this combination button for too long (especially if you haven't read the manual), you have to set up the wireless access point again!

I think this is a case of bad design...
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: WPS button also having function for factory reset

Originally posted by japlytic View Post
    On some wireless access points, the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button can also serve as a factory reset function .
    One access point required this combination button to be pressed for one second for WPS, and five seconds for a factory reset (instructions were on this access point, but some don't!)
    If you press this combination button for too long (especially if you haven't read the manual), you have to set up the wireless access point again!

I think this is a case of bad design...
    Can quote this for my Linksys WRT54G.
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
    X