Liquid crystal leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liquid crystal leak?

Hi, I have never seen this before and I was wondering if anyone else knows whats happening here.

The screen is not broken and the whole display is correct, but there are blotches of a black ink-like liquid in the screen. The ink can be pushed / moved slightly by wiping with a lot of pressure, but it stays in the same general area. I took the screen out to get the backlights for another monitor, and the ink is contained in the TFT glass.

Usually when the screen is broken you cannot see the image below and to the right of the fracture because the bussline to those transistor has been severed, but the entire screen displays a good image - except for the ink blotches. I think the liquid crystal has some how leaked out of the glass and is under the polarizer.

I was thinking if I could move all the ink into the side then the screen could be saved, but the stuff doesnt really move; it just kinda changes shapes.
    I should have taken pictures before the CCFLs were removed, but this is what i got.
    Attached Files

Re: Liquid crystal leak?

I think that's the liquid crystal. The mid layer of the TFT has failed and it's leaking into the top layer.

It's scrap.

Comment

Working...
    X