RCA RTU4853 - wonky video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCA RTU4853 - wonky video

Oh crap, does the W have to be in the model number as well??

Zooming in, all the components look the same except for the Samsung chip, which mine shows VTU61B1, and the one I ordered shows VTU61B2.
    Last edited by MadeJust; 07-25-2018, 02:06 PM.

Comment

It may still work. Be positive.

Comment

I emailed them and asked if it was the correct part. They asked me for the number directly below the barcode. They got back to me saying it wasnt compatible, but then gave me a link to the correct part.

So it's ordered and I should have it by the end of the next week (hopefully).

Fingers crossed!

Comment

Did you get this TV working? I'm curious to know, I have the same model with a broken screen, I took the screen off and the back lights still come on, It would make a nice big light.

Comment

First replacement I got from them had the same problem but to a lesser extent. This one would start by cycling through solid colors, then the glitchy and stuttering picture with distorted colors and images. After a few cycles of distortion it would work.

I asked if it was possible I just got a dud. They said it was possible and sent me another one. This one distorts slightly for 15-20 seconds only in the lower 1/3 of the screen, then works ok. There is a slight difference with the last letter on the model number being a different letter for both of them, but I dunno if that's the reason.

Makes me wonder what's up with these t-con boards. But my TV is working well for the most part so I'm just going to live with it as is.
            Last edited by MadeJust; 08-20-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Can you make a brief new video of the actual defect? Just to confirm a suspect..
              If you have not done it before try to show also how it goes if you detach one at a time the left one and right one flat cable from tcon to panel.
              Last edited by Davi.p; 08-20-2018, 06:07 PM.

Comment

There is a video in the first post. Do you want a video of the current board?

I have tried disconnecting the flat cables, IIRC the picture went snowy. I can try it again this week.
                Last edited by MadeJust; 08-20-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

You said the current defect is better than the original so i need a new video, where also you detach the flat cab. I dont know what is IIRC, i'm Italian.

Comment

"If I recall correctly"

I'll see if I can make a video tonight.

Comment

Working...
                    X