ASUS M2N32 WS Pro, RAM VRM screwed up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS M2N32 WS Pro, RAM VRM screwed up?

Got this board with bloated 820/6,3 KZGs for recap. I used 560/6,3 Fujitsu polymers and a few Samxon GCs/Rubycon MCZs when I run out of polymers.

I tried to test it with colophony still on, it was POSTing but not booting 7, even from DVD. When I tried Vista I got BSOD 0x0000008E, possibly memory. So I cleaned it with industrial alcohol and since than it is not POSTing anymore, it always turns off after 5 seconds or so.

I discovered there is only 0,08 V on memory and I read 014 on diode test accros the memory MOSFETs. So most likely VRM went bad, but why? Any wild guesses, is it the transistors or PWM controller?
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: ASUS M2N32 WS Pro, RAM VRM screwed up?

[QUOTE=Behemot;500629] it always turns off after 5 seconds or so.

Maybe a shorted CPU thermal sensor. Which may cause a false "255 C" reading or the like.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Yeah but there is no memory voltage and the BSOD with Vista…I'll wash it again and keep it to dry till tomorrow with powerfull fan but don't think it will help anything.
      Last edited by Behemot; 11-11-2014, 03:11 PM.
      Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Lucky guess, right the first MOSFET I've desoldered is bad. It is one of those 13N03L A. Do you think I can swap only the one for some other, or I should replace both? It's not easy to replace these SMD transistors…

Comment

If there are other FETs in parallel and you are using a different model FET to replace it, then swap them all, but otherwise, just swap the one.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Yeah there are in parallel, I got it also later…

Comment

FETs were fine after all, it was gate holding charge and being open for a long time. So obviously nothing changed after I've replaced them.

Comment

Working...
              X