Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus M2N68 & M2N68 PLUS

Hello

I have 2 motherboards , Asus M2N68 & Asus M2N68 PLUS.
    Both board running OK, BUT only whit old card on PCI slot.

If I boot whit old PCI card , i can install SO, make other tests etc ... all is OK
    If i mount PCI Express video card, no boot, just beeps.

I try :
    - different PCI Express video cards (nVidia & ATI)
    - bios update (whit old PCI card)
    - other RAM, power source

Both motherboard have problem whit PCI Express slot.

Please give some solution.

Re: Asus M2N68 & M2N68 PLUS

Tried setting the BIOS to boot using the PCI-E VGA card? There should be an option in the BIOS named "Primary graphics adapter". Check if that option is set to PCI-E VGA or PCI-E.
    Main rig:
    Gigabyte B75M-D3H
    Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
    16GB DDR3-1600
    Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
    FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
    120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
    Delux MG760 case

Comment

Already tried...

Comment

Those boards of yours have the nForce 630a/GeForce 7025 chipset. There you have your problem. Reflow the Northbridge and the PCI-E will work again... for a few months that is.

Only heat up the die in the center of the chip and not the whole package, as this issue has nothing to do with the solder balls, the chip itself is defective. Needless to say, it is absolutely not worth replacing.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I will try reflow ... tomorrow

Comment

3 time reflow ... same result

L.E.

I rise up temp , reflow again, motherboard boot OK whit PCI Express card
            Last edited by delta2k2; 03-17-2015, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Just reflow and second board. Again, boot OK whit vga PCI Express card.
              Reflow at 430 C , 30 sec

Thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                Only heat up the die in the center of the chip and not the whole package, as this issue has nothing to do with the solder balls, the chip itself is defective. Needless to say, it is absolutely not worth replacing.
                Maybe with good cooling those chipsets will survive?I've seen people put some big heatsinks and fans on nVidia chipset boards (anything over nF4) so maybe it helps cooling down the chipset?
                Main rig:
                Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                16GB DDR3-1600
                Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                Delux MG760 case

Comment

On a desktop motherboard you have better chances of keeping them alive, indeed. If the nForce chipset is kept under 60C there are good chances of it running fine for 1 year or more.
                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I owned this particular model before (M2N68), in my opinion, Asus is using low quality pcie slot or faulty component maybe. I was using a Geforce GT210 at first, after few attempt of changing cpu case, which require me to remove the graphics card for a few time, then it started to not detecting my cards. I have tried a lot of cards with this motherboard, 9600GT (i have 3 of it), X1300XT, HD2400XT and all of it won't detect and give display. But the miracle was, it will detect my MSI 7600GS no matter what, even if I plug in the card half way, it still can detect it and give display, my guess was the 7600GS pcie connector was slightly thicker than others, because when I slotting in the card i can felt more tightness than other.

And btw, this board is very picky with ram as well, with my 7600gs in, it won't give me display if i was using Kingmax ram.

Comment

nvidia.....again

Comment

Working...
                      X