X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus p6td deluxe burned solder pads of motheroboard capacitor

Hi guys,
    my p6td deluxe 1366 socket motherboard had a capacitor that was blown,
    a family member wanted to help me to replace the capacitor and he burned the solder pads on the back off the motherboard,now I can't install the new capacitor,can somebody give me an idea is it reparable or not here is a link of the photo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7706p9j25t...93230.jpg?dl=0
    Attached Files
    Last edited by c_hegge; 05-28-2015, 02:26 AM.

Re: Asus p6td deluxe burned solder pads of motheroboard capacitor

You have to trace back where those traces go and if not too far scratch lightly on the track to reveal the copper and solder to it. In any event just complete the circuit that was there before this happened.

Comment

That cap is just in parallel with the other few next to it. Just don't cut the legs and solder them to the cap next to it (although with the coating scratched off, you will have to be very careful to make sure you don't let the + leg touch that bare area of copper on the PCB.

by the way, do you have a picture of the blown cap? It's almost unheard of for those caps on the VRM low side to fail. That board uses entirely Japanese solid polymer capacitors (Although knowing ASUS, it's entirely possible that they just designed the VRM poorly).
      Last edited by c_hegge; 05-28-2015, 02:31 AM.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

As above with X58 boards it would be unlikely that just a cap failed.

Comment

Sorry guys for the late replay.
          The bad cap was realy blown for no reasson,as described on the first post the solder pads got burned and got off.
          It bould have ben great not to touch the solder pads from the back side of the motherboard,but get rid of the burned cap and let the legs seat and directly solder to the legs of the brocken cap.YOU NOW WHAT I MEAN.

Comment

Working...
          X