Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playstation 4, PS4 - Can you ID this Chip/Component/Tranistor connected to Flash Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playstation 4, PS4 - Can you ID this Chip/Component/Tranistor connected to Flash Chip

Please see attached aphoto of one from another board I have! It is missing on one board I have and connects to the Write protect pin of the Winbond 25X10CLYA1 Chip.

According to datasheet write protect pin can be used instead for faster writing.

What will happpen if left out, can flash become corrupted?

The writing on chip is M33C8. I tried to look it up on google and some websites with charts, anyone know any good websites?

Many thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Playstation 4, PS4 - Can you ID this Chip/Component/Tranistor connected to Flash

maybe this:
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Playstation 4, PS4 - Can you ID this Chip/Component/Tranistor connected to Flash

I seams like you are right but how did you find this, I googled for ages. Is there a good website for looking up the codes?

Also do you know what it is doing with the Flash Chip. I read the datasheet and I understand from that, that it changes output low or high according to voltage change on input. The CD pin or capacitor delay pin is connected to the Flash write protect pin.

I don't know where the output pin goes!

I really do not understand what is going on here, can anyone explain please?

Incidentally the PS4 appears to work without it, including a full install on a new drive and update of firmware!

Thanks.

Comment

google is NOT fit to use, it returns junk based on marketing revenue and politics.

Comment

How did you find out what chip it was then please? Where do you suggest looking?

Thanks.

Comment

search the forum for smd databook links for a start.
            then use duckduckgo.com and yandex.com
            if it's chinese then use baidu.com

Comment

Thanks mate, I will investigate. Have you or anyone else have an understanding of what the chip is doing and why it appears to work with out?

Cheers.

Comment

if it is a voltage monitor then it's stopping the flash from being written to if the supply is under 3.3v
                so it's to stop the chip getting corrupted by power issues or maybe the lead getting pulled out.

Comment

The strange thing is the CD (delay pin) is connected to the flash chip not the output of the voltage detector?

Any ideas how this can be working?

Cheers.

Comment

then maybe it's not that exact chip.

Comment

Working...
                    X