Synology Server motherboard repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synology Server motherboard repair

Anyone repair one of thee before? They seem to fail all over the place and I wish I knew where to start checking. I have the DS1815+ Server rack.

PSU seems OK and I get lights if I short green and black on the ATX. But the system is non responsive and seems very dead.

Re: Synology Server motherboard repair

First step with anything is a general search. This would show you whey there is a high failure rate of these. It's the CPU.

Comment

I can't recall how the CPU was mounted on mine last time I had it open. Is it BGA or can you see the solder legs on the outside of the chip? If it's BGA you might be able to do a cheap toaster over session and then put a heat sink on the CPU?

Comment

It's not a BGA issue but a badly designed CPU.
        Here's the thread from the Synology forum.
        https://forum.synology.com/enu/viewt...p?f=7&t=119727

Comment

^page 5...
          Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
          X