X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,

The handle is DaedalusWren and I am a tinkerer of toys. What finds me here is an interest in reviews and ratings of capacitors and the equipment they are failing in. Will certainly be posting questions when they arise and offering answers to those questions which I can help with. So, just hello for now.

Comment

Hello to all,
      Glad to be a member...hope to be useful.
      Thanks for all the help received!
      Matrix

Comment

Hi all. I have an issue with my TV. I thought getting a new power board would fix it, but no... so here I am!

Comment

Hello all. I can't still believe the all information containing this forum. If I post with errors - forgive me, english is not my native.

Comment

Hi all.
            I'm not an wizard, I'm just learning ... I read a lot here, I find answers to questions.: Popcorn1:

Comment

G’day to all, Kirk from Down Under here. Look forward to sharing my interest in Electronics with one and all. So much to learn, so little time.
              Cheers

Comment

Hello from Point Marion PA just north of Morgantown WV and an hour south of Pittsburgh PA. Jack of all trades here, but master of none , I like to tinker and figure out how things work. I have had a few good experiences with getting things to work sometimes I am not so lucky. I like reading and learning from others comments here

Comment

Hello everyone, new here, was looking on line for "trouble" with a Panasonic TC-P54VT25
                  I saw some threads and posts about similar issues, so here I am! thanks for having me!

Comment

I joined this because before I retired I worked as a repair tech at a capacitor manufacturer and need some assistance with some items I have never worked on before. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am new to bulletin boards and forums. Now retired I have more time than money and enjoy repairing all things mechanical and electrical. Just getting started on flat screen tv and finding my 1970 degree in electronics technology will not take me very far. Please excuse any procedure errors as this is my first "forum" experience.

Comment

I'm Bob from Norway Mi. I'm new to this, so I hope I'm doing it right.
                        Hi everyone.
                        Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                        Hi there. I'm Bob from Norway Michigan

Comment

Hello. I feel like I'm in school with the introductions. I've done computer work for years, been a contractor for cox cable and also do/have done a lot of handyman work. I've fixed a few tv's with bad caps, currently have 3 with other problems. So, working on educating myself further. I've found answers on this site previously, however need help with current project, so decided to sign up. I'm 46 and holding.

Comment

Hi, no time to chat, to much work

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm glad to access the forum. Thanks

Comment

Hi there!! new to this forum!! nice to see you all

Comment

Hello, My name is David and im here hoping to learn as much as i can and fix my TV of course with the help of your knowledge thanks!

Comment

Hi all my name is Manuel and i want learn with u

Comment

Good evening all. Its Andrew from Sunderland in the UK. Im happy to be part of your community.

Comment

hi my name is dave great to be here

Comment

Hi
                                          It's been a while since I signed up for the forum and although I'm just writing now, I want to thank everyone. Through this forum I acquired a lot of knowledge and managed to solve many cases of maintenance.
                                          Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                                          X