Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sony str-de605 info on repair the protect mode display

hi guys,

just needed to let you know that after a year in reserch and testing i finaly repair this sony str-de605 that was always on protected mode.

so i just want to let you know the basic repairs and the very useful video that i find for this repair.

with the video it did show me the testing of these output transistors and the big white resistors i think are call emitor resistors or something like this.

but even after i find one transistor that was shorted,i replace it with a new one i was still staying on protector mode...even with no speakers plug in.

so like a lot of people i saw on google that are having this same problem and did not fix it yet,i would tell you do this:

1st: check your output transistors like video showing.
    2: check the big white resistors like on video also.
    3:check resistors,diode,ect...all aroude these output or on board itself.
    4:if you still have protect mode and you hare sure all the rest is ok here is the punch that i find after a year of testing and maybe by luck

under the system there are to big jumper connector board,take one off and test if system stay on normal(will not have sound but will stay on normal)
    if it does stay on normal.replace these jumper.(weired since nothing on this)
    if it does not stay on normal and go back on protect mode,close system power off and put back this jumper at is place and take the other one out and power up the system if this time it stay on but no sound,replace this jumper board....and it should fix your system,

mine is now working fo 6 days non stop and it is perfect....

hope this help someone,since i been reading and searching web and forum for past year with nothing that say these jumper can go wrong.

so do the test and hope it fix your system.

ps:and by the way this is not my video,just find it on youtube and find it very helpful.if you don't find it,here the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEmxfNzTnsQ

Re: sony str-de605 info on repair the protect mode display

Thanks for posting this trick. I've attached an image of this receiver that I've found in the net. Can these bridge boards be seen on this photo?

Sometimes I've found failures on Denon (or Yamaha?) receivers with long jumper PCBs. Usually, solder joints get stressed due to thermal dillatation / contraction and end up breaking.
    Attached Files

Comment

hi,as i see tour photo,no the bridge board im talking about are under the amp.just turn it underside and take one of the jumper board out and plug the amp to see if it will stay on,if yes than that is the jumper board i replace.i attach the jumper board photo that i replace...
      Attached Files

Comment

and something else i did find ok,was that is one board is removed and amp stay on but shout down when re-placing the board,try bending the second pin from the left and re-try it to see if it will stay on and start playing,my client is still working for the past 3 week....

Comment

Hi there, thank you so so much for your trick!! it worked well for me!!!!
          One of these board was causing me the protect mode.
          Thanks much.

Comment

I ve found out what wa causing me Protec mode on my STR DE605. There was a disconnection between the C804 , large filter capacitor and the fist pin on the jumper board. So the line B- was not going from C804 to the stk 350-030. Vss was missing ! the board looks peferct , pins ok but the disconnection was inside the connector. Now everything works pefect without bending any pin.

Comment

Working...
            X