• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LC60LE830E Error Lamp,No control

Hello community

I have a Sharp LC60LE830 TV down.
    Symptom:
    It does not start, the chevron flashes 1 time.
    Pressing the menu button on the remote control gives 1 slow flash followed by a fast one.
    It corresponds to an error of lamp or driver led error.
    The power supply is a RUNTKA799WJQZ (DPS-183-3A).
    Can not start the TV with the remote control or the control panel.
    I tried a reset with Chanel - and imputed by reconnecting the mains power.
    The relay does not slap and nothing happens.

Measurements on the secondary Pd connector connected to the motherboard
    PD connector
    (PD-1-2) PNL12V = 0V
    (PD-5-6) S13.2 = 0V
    (PD-7-8) UR13.2 = 0V
    (PD-13) AC-DET = 0V
    (PD-14) PS-ON = 0V
    (PD-15) BU5V = 5.07V
    (PD-16) PNL-POW = 0V
    (PD-17) PWM1
    (PD-18-20-21) = No connect
    (PD-19) Dimmer = 0v
    (PD-20) Error = 0V
    (PD-23) PWM2 = 0V
    (PD-24) STB = 0V

If I unplug the connector of the motherboard and connect BU5V with PS-ON, I hear the relay slammed
    At the primary capacity terminal, I go from a voltage of 317 volts to 407 volts.

PD connector
    (PD-1-2) PNL12V = 0V
    (PD-5-6) S13.2 = 13Volt
    (PD-7-8) UR13.2 = 13Volt
    (PD-13) AC-DET = 3.3V
    (PD-14) PS-ON = 5.07V
    (PD-15) BU5V = 5.07V
    (PD-16) PNL-POW = 0V
    (PD-17) PWM1
    (PD-18-20-21) = No connect
    (PD-19) Dimmer = 0V
    (PD-20) Error = 0V
    (PD-23) PWM2 = 0V
    (PD-24) STB = 0V

If I connect or disconnect the power of the led ramps changes nothing, I have zero volts on the drivers.

Why the motherboard does not return the wakeful output
    PS-On on the power supply?
    Whatever the attempts of exit of watches.
    Volume - and imput or volume + and channel - there is never a high PS_one command of a short duration.
    I do not know what to do to advance my problem.

Cordially
    Thierry

Re: LC60LE830E Error Lamp,No control

Hello again
    some pictures of the electronic boards.
    If it can help, I still have no track since my first post.
    A track to follow, additional information has given?

Regards ,
    Thierry
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1529079895
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi there,
      a few months ago, I repaired a similar Sharp. I was tracking down the problem to the main cpu. At this stage of exploring your problem, I can not say for sure, that this is the problem with yours. As far as I remember, switching on separate parts of the device without the mainboard is a pain in the ass. (The Japanese are thinking different).
      What I advise is, if possible, get the service manual or at least the schematic for the TV, and track the whole power_on signal line. In my case, it was going into a 64 pin IC, and this IC had to wake up the processor. It sent out the signals, but the cpu was not reacting. The solution for me was to reball the cpu. It was a Mediatek type, really not hard to reball.
      I suggest you to get a good quality flux and a heat gun, then reflow the cpu. This way you will be able to see if it is the problem in your case. If it turns out working, then you need to reball. It is the only long-term solution. I only use reflowing to make sure my thinking was right.
      Last edited by yohnsee; 06-15-2018, 12:00 PM.
      Cheers, Janos

Comment

Do you measure any voltage onplug L1, led1+ and led1- ? also check led 2,3 & 4 . voltage should comeup when first turned on then might drop off if there is an error (bad led)
        Last edited by R_J; 06-15-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hello Yohnsee and R J
          Thank you for your help.

I made the four electrical measurements at the requested points
          See the attached photo by forcing PS- on each measure.
          There is absolutely nothing, none mounted in voltage even for a very short time.
          My meter is a Meterman 34X.
          I remind you that I never have a PS-ON command coming from the motherboard.
          So I unplug the PD conector and I force the power supply by connecting PS_on and BU5V (5 volts).
          On my first post, all measurements done are indicated
          But I have no AC DET in standby mode on the power supply.
          It's normal ?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Jazzotiti; 06-16-2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Normally if you do not have PS_ON from the mainboard back to the power supply board it generally indicates a faulty mainboard.
            Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Hello
              Thank you for your answers..
              Yes, Dirk Barton.
              Ps We are not sent to the card alimentaion electric but ...
              Before I became interested in the motherboard. I must understand ....
              What is AC-Det for?
              Who generates AC-det, motherboard or power supply board?
              AC det, should you be in standby, I need to understand to move forward.
              AC det is at zero in standby on my power supply board. Is this correct ?

I can not find the technical documentation of my TV.
              Someone would have the diagram of the power supply?
              I must understand if she is the culprit before I turned to the motherboard.
              cordially
              Thierry

Comment

As far as I know, AC_DET is used by the mainboard. In such cases, when AC mains fails (due to power outage or you plug the set out from the outlet) it tells the mainboard, that it must save every important/unsaved settings to the EPROM, because in a few cycles the capacitors will deplete and the set will turn off. Usually the power supply board generates this line, but I should see the schematics of this particular set.
                Cheers, Janos

Comment

AC_DET usually uses a 6 pin ic like ST9S101-T6G, there are a couple high value resistors off the a/c line that connect to the IN1 pin and and output on NDFPO pin drives the opto pin1. The ic FPO pin enables the standby ic.
                  On your board it should be IC7902
                  Since there are no schematics for these boards, one must use other versions of delta power supplies and good pictures to trace the circuits. and yes it's a pain in the ass.
                  Last edited by R_J; 06-16-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

R_J: I was thinking, my google-fu is outdated, because I haven't found any info/schematics on these PSU's. Only the main pcb is discussed in the service manuals.
                    Cheers, Janos

Comment

I have an LC60LE831U right now with the same problem and the FSM for this TV.

The error is a backlight error code. These models are known for LED failure.

Does your TV have soft touch buttons in the front? If so try plugging the TV in then simultaneously press volume down, input and power, see if it comes on. This is the first step to access the service menu.

Regular buttons in back:

Plug in while holding VOL-and CH+, see if it comes on. This is "ignore errors" mode.

Plug in while holding INPUT and VOL-, see if it comes on. This is the first step to access the service menu.

If it turns on look at the screen with a flashlight (if backlights are off) and see if there's a picture on the LCD

Let us know if any of this worked
                      Last edited by DXseekerMO; 06-16-2018, 12:28 PM. Reason: I repeated myself I repeated myself
                      They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Good evening
                        Thank you again for your answers.
                        If I understand correctly, AC-Det is generated by the power supply card to indicate that the mains voltage is in conforming values.
                        So BU5V and ACdet must be present so that the motherboard can send PS-ON
                        I imagine that the motherboard detects a problem and prohibits the start of the TV.
                        So no PS-ON generated by the motherboard.
                        Even if I make a forced start with the volume less keys and the Input or Volume + key and chanel - no start.
                        So, I'm looking at the side of the AC-det circuits.
                        If you have a close delta power scheme, I'm interested.
                        Cordially
                        Thierry

Comment

Hello
                          For DXseekerMO.
                          Our messages have crossed each other.
                          To answer you, I have already made the requested manipulations several times.
                          I watched tutorials on youtube to make sure I did the right thing.
                          But even if I have a voltemeter connected to the PS-ON line, there is not the slightest reaction during the reset operation.
                          Ps-on remains at zero volts.
                          the only reaction of the chevron is the display of the error code by pressing the remote menu key.
                          Cordially
                          Thierry

Comment

Most of the people you're getting advice from have been working with and fixing these tvs since they first came out, if they think you have a faulty mainboard, its a pretty good bet, get yourself a mainboard and save a lot of headache, unless you just want to try to hammer it down to exactly what's wrong, could take a month tho. good luck.

Comment

What you can do is to remove the AC_DET wire from the power supply board side and then use 1K resistor between that AC_DET wire you remove and the 5VSTBY to fool the main board that the AC_DET is OK.
                              The AC_DET should be around 3V and present the minute you apply AC to the power supply, if the power supply board thinks that the incoming AC is too low then it will not allow TV to come on because at low AC input the TV will draw more current.
                              Power supply: DELTA DPS-183BP -3A.
                              See schematic attach will be really close to what you have, you can see how the AC_DET functions as already described by R_J.
                              Attached Files
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

nomoresonys: I understand your point of view, but I also understand the OP, as he wants to learn. Sure, changing the main board would be so much faster.
                                Let him walk through his way, maybe he will learn something valuable.
                                When I firs started repairing TV's, it was very easy to rely on someone, who pointed me in the right direction. But if you find out something yourself, that is more success in my opinion
                                Cheers, Janos

Comment

Originally posted by yohnsee View Post
                                  nomoresonys: I understand your point of view, but I also understand the OP, as he wants to learn. Sure, changing the main board would be so much faster.
                                  Let him walk through his way, maybe he will learn something valuable.
                                  When I firs started repairing TV's, it was very easy to rely on someone, who pointed me in the right direction. But if you find out something yourself, that is more success in my opinion
                                  Like MANY have said, mainboards are complicated, a lot of them can't even be worked on without the right knowledge and tools, one reason why there's so many mainboard exchange services being offered, if everyone could do it, you wouldn't see so many.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 06-16-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone .

Thank you for your messages to everyone.

For you to know me a little more.
                                    I try to learn mainly even if I have to spend a lot of time there.
                                    My first job was repair the hifi, and CRT television.
                                    I've been working at the post office for 23 years but I
                                    I was interested in electronics in general.

I buy my equipment down for cheap, I do not like to throw.

For example, in 2012, I bought a Hitachi 55pd9700C Plasma TV for my family.
                                    If I had just replaced the cards ybuffer and ysus, it would not have been worth it.
                                    the electronic cards were really too expensive.
                                    It was a risky bet, but I solved the problem by troubleshooting the 3 defective cards.
                                    I learned a lot from that because plasma technology was totally unknown to me.
                                    To give you an idea, here is the link of my repair. But it's in French.
                                    It has helped other people who had the same problem on the Ysus, and the associated buffers
                                    (sound ok but no picture 55pdp9700c)
                                    http://www.teleservice-depannage.com...-55pd9700C.htm

For Budm
                                    I'm going to do the test, so I'm going to unplug the AC power cable from the power supply side and connect it via a 1k resistor at the 5-volt line.

Cordially.

Thierry du var

Comment

You would have to ask bud but the way I read it, looks like he just wants you to remove the ac detect wire and leave the rest in place and ad resistor etc.

Comment

AC_DET wire
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                        X