Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips 520FL3603D/F7 Power Supply Dead

The fuse is not blown. There is no ACV to the bridge rectifier. There
    is 120 vac to relay 701. I removed it and tested on P.S. works fine.
    The command to the R701 is not there from R701A. All the resistors in the area are fine. There is 120 vac to one post of the relay but with it not energizing no 120 gets to B.R. I tried to no avail to get a schematic for DPS-411AP-1 or 3139 128 7951 Rev.01 F
    New one 175 plus shipping. I tried giving it a P.S. on command but no power to B.R. it won't have standby voltage.
    Attached Files

Re: Phillips 520FL3603D/F7 Power Supply Dead

It looks like the relay is on the primary side. This means it is probably powered off the standby transformer somehow and may click on when the PS-ON signal is active. But, the standby 5V must be present first... is it?

What is the chassis number of the set? (usually written in a box marked "S" on the back label, something like Q529.3PA)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

there should be actually 2 bridge rectifiers. One for the 5V STBY and the other for the rest of the power supply. So as Tom66 already said... is there any STBY voltage or not? If there is no STBY voltage present, there will be no juice on the bridge rectifier you are looking at.

Comment

No 5vdc or 3.3 vdc. Thank you I will check . I checked all rectifiers and diodes. I will check the things you asked

Comment

Well. I looked at it very close for a few hours. Checked all diode in primary and secondary side. I get 55vdc on primary of T901 and IC901 3BS02G in the primary circuit. A schematic sure would be nice. I did not find a second B.R. in the primary circuit or secondary circuit. I used the negative output of BR as ground reference on primary and heat sink on secondary as ground for 12 ,24 and 3.3vdc. All at zero. I am more confused now. All diodes,
          Mosfets, caps checked out OK.

Comment

I have a 52PFL3704D/F7 with DPS-411AP-1 power supply with no standby voltage. Main fuse is not blown. Service manual does not include schematic for the power supply. May have clues in the shopjimmy repair kit. May have to order it. http://www.shopjimmy.com/philips-313...repair-kit.htm

Comment

Check the voltage on C910 (check accross it, its on the hot side), that is the supply for the standby circuit, if there is no voltage check F2 small red fuse (next to relay), if it is blown, it is likely ic901 could be bad, I cant make out its number.
              Also check the resistance of R929 and R903.
              There is no bridge for this circuit, it uses D901 and D902.
              Your standby voltage is 3.3VSB on CN6 pin 1
              Last edited by R_J; 05-26-2018, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Voltage across C910 measures 92 VDC (measured at D901 and D902 traced back and climbs slowly). F2 is not blown. R929 read open (in-circuit) and R903 measures 2.4 ohm (in-circuit). Should I check R929 and R903 out of circuit?

Comment

It looks like R929 is open, It should read 1Ω if I am correct, one end connects to C910 (+) and the other feeds ic901 and connects to stby transformer T901 pin6, which connects to Q905 fet (D)
                  so check the fet for shorts, you could also check the resistance between C910 (-) and the fet drain (center pin)
                  What are the numbers on ic901 and the Q905 fet?
                  I will take a guess at ic901 as being a ICE3BS03L (3BS3LJ)
                  Last edited by R_J; 05-26-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Q905 reads 254 ohms gate to drain so not shorted. C910(-) to drain is 136 ohms.

Q905 is ST P3NK90ZFP?

IC901 is 3BS02G?
                    Attached Files

Comment

I was close, the number is ICE3BS02G, Here is the pdf, page 3 has a generic schematic. You could replace R929 1Ω Â½ watt and see if it blows or you get standby voltage, It is possible it just went open as the small 1 amp red fuse is still good.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by R_J; 05-26-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Pulled up 1 leg of R929 and it is open. Brown Black Gold Gold Silver - The fourth gold band doesn't make sense. 1 ohm??

Comment

1Ω 5% tolerance, the last silver band could be temperature coefficient (ppm/K) (not important here)
                          Last edited by R_J; 05-26-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I has some fusible 2.2 ohm resistors and put two in parallel. Plugged it in, there was a zap and burning component smell. Checking with a meter they blew again. Main fuse is still good. I will put the FET in my ESR meter but it looks like the IC needs to be replaced as well.
                            Last edited by neilc6; 05-27-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I suspect the ic and fet, if the fet shorts or there is leakage drain to gate it can take out the ic as well, If then the ic can turn the fet full on and blow the resistor, You could have just used one of the 2.2Ω resistors, its not that critical.
                              Last edited by R_J; 05-27-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Pulled the FET and it tests good on my ESR tester. However, the IC show visible damage from when I last plugged in the TV. Need to decide if I want to go with the repair kit or just order the IC (obsolete but available on ebay).

Comment

You may need to deal with mouser but their shipping is charge is high, there is a replacement ICE3AS03LJG
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by R_J; 05-27-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Ordered two from China. Always good to have a spare. Will update in 1 to 3 weeks when it arrives.

Comment

I have lost trust in the Chinese parts. I prefer to buy parts from the US, they are a little more expensive but guarantee to work. Just sharing my experience.

Comment

My China order was being shipped registered air mail from Hong Kong. The last item I ordered shipped this way, it took 4 months to arrive. The infineon chart shows the replacement part is ICE3BS03LJG. Comparing datasheets, there was a slight difference with the SoftStart pin which has a cap to gnd connected to it. Probably doesn't affect operation too much. The IC is available at Digikey so ordered it with along with a 1 ohm fusible resistor. Trickiest part was finding pin 1 on the IC. Its on the bottom left when the marking is upright. Replaced the two parts and TV is working.

So the Shopjimmy repair kit would have worked and I probably ended up spending the same amount double ordering the IC. Thanks RJ for the help.

Comment

Working...
                                        X