Pioneer VSX-1022-K won't turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer VSX-1022-K won't turn on

I have picked up this receiver to repair it and re-sell it.
    I don't know what caused this issue.
    I have checked the final transistors and they are all good, so the issue it seems that is not a short in the amp area.
    There is a 9 pin connector at the standby board and there I have the standby 3.3V and 10.5V for the CPU_ST_VCC, nothing else.
    I don't get any reaction from the receiver when I turn it on.
    To me it seems like the standby relay is not getting the command from the CPU.
    I never had this type of issue, so I don't know what can I do next.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    SM is available, but is over 33MB. I have found it at elektrotanya.
    Attached Files

Re: Pioneer VSX-1022-K won't turn on

Some Pioneer models go into a lockdown state when a critical fault is sensed.
    The manual is needed to find how to unlock it and read the diag codes.
    Last edited by rievax_60; 11-13-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

There are some functions to clear different errors, but only one did something. Not sure what though.
      It is for clearing DC error, pushing these two buttons Advanced Surround + Standby, I'm getting the setup microphone(MCACC) light to turn on and then off.
      I don't even have the standby light on, so I can't do much from these things from the service menu.

Comment

Did any relays click?

Comment

No. It's completely dead. SM sais that I should have 12V at the HDMI board, but it's missing.

Comment

Here is the link from elektrotanya:

Comment

Try this ALC/standard surr and stanby /On
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you,but it doesn't do anything.
                The only reset that does anything is this:
                Advanced Surround + Standby, I'm getting the setup microphone(MCACC) light to turn on and then off

Comment

Any more ideas?
                  From the standby board I'm getting 10.5V, that it shouldn't be 12V?

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                    Any more ideas?
                    From the standby board I'm getting 10.5V, that it shouldn't be 12V?
                    There is a 7.5v zenner across the relay coil, so 10.5v could be normal.
                    When you suspect that a rail like this too low, check for excessive ripple that might be caused by a high ESR capacitor or open bridge diode.
                    I get the impression that the System is wanting to turn on the power relay.
                    The display cant work until the main transformer is powered.
                    Is there any voltage activity at each end of R319(near Q301) while you try to wake the receiver.

Comment

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have some time to take some measurements.
                      I also have a Rigol 1052 (with the 100MHz hack) scope, but I don't know much about how to use it.
                      Tonight I have played with the repaired Onkyo receiver, there is a lot of setting up to do with one of these. By the way, I'm keeping it and selling the TX-NR609.

Comment

There is no voltage at that resistor.

Comment

The system control micro will only try to turn the relay on for a few seconds, this is when measurements need to be taken.

Comment

I was holding the probes when I plugged it in and turned it on. What kind of voltage should I expect, 5V?

Comment

There are a couple of voltage regulators on the base board, those I guess will receive power only after the relay turns on the main transformer, right?
                              To me, it seems like the turn on signal is not coming from the front plate PCB.
                              I'm not sure what is on that board, it could be the main processor, that controls the receiver?
                              I should remove that board an look at it, maybe I can find some bad fuse or something obviously bad?

Comment

I was holding the probes when I plugged it in and turned it on. What kind of voltage should I expect, 5V?
                                I would expect momentary 3v on one end of the resistor.
                                Did you also try the Advanced Surround + Standby press?

Comment

Also try [PRESET k] and [STANDBY/ON]

Comment

Which one is Preset K? There is a Preset left and right arrow.
                                    I have tried both and nothing happened.
                                    Only when I press ADV. Audio+STBY for like 10 sec., then the MCACC light turns on for a couple of seconds.
                                    I have tested all the components on the STBY board and they are all fine.
                                    I haven't seen anything obviously bad on the front panel.
                                    It seems like the Stby and that 10.5V goes to the main processor board on the other side of the receiver and it's plugged in vertically. There are some connectors between this main processor board that are connecting directly into the HDMI board.
                                    I think, that we should concentrate on this processor. Most likely this component should turn on the relay, no?

Comment

Which one is Preset K? There is a Preset left and right arrow.
                                      I have tried both and nothing happened.
                                      Only when I press ADV. Audio+STBY for like 10 sec., then the MCACC light turns on for a couple of seconds.
                                      I have tested all the components on the STBY board and they are all fine.
                                      I haven't seen anything obviously bad on the front panel.
                                      It seems like the Stby and that 10.5V goes to the main processor board on the other side of the receiver and it's plugged in vertically. There are some connectors between this main processor board that are connecting directly into the HDMI board.
                                      I think, that we should concentrate on this processor. Most likely this component should turn on the relay, no?
                                      That was supposed to be Preset Left, Its in section 6.1 which you have likely seen.
                                      Because the MCACC light turns on, Im hoping the processor is ok and wanting
                                      to turn on the relay.
                                      You could try tracing the STBY_RLY back to the processor.
                                      Also try to check whats happening at regulators IC101 and IC103 on page 90.

Comment

I had a couple of minutes, to check on those two regulators and they seem fishy.
                                        They receive 10.34V, but nothing comes out from them. I assume they are bad, right.
                                        I haven't had time yet to trace the standby relay signal yet.

Comment

Working...
                                        X