X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
    As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
    Thank you for making me a member of this forum my name is Pakela from Lesotho and i am a newbie technician, i am hoping to benefit a lot from the information in this forum.

Comment

Hello.
      A simple guy that likes to tinker in electronics as a hobby.
      27 years old new-fart, that has had his own share meeting with bad-caps influenced electronics.

Comment

I was looking for a diagram for the heath so-4552 when I came across this forum. I am in several forums, so why not one more? I have been a ham since 1976, and was tinkering with radio since I was about 7, so I guess I belong here. As a certified elmer, I will try and chip in whatever I think I know wherever it seems to fit. I take criticism, too. That's how to learn! No guarantees. So off we go.

Comment

Hey, new to the forum, just received a broken LG 50PC3D that I'm going to attempt to fix up. Looking forward to hanging out!

Comment

DEAR SIR IM PAWAN ELECTRONICS PUNJAB INDIA
            where would I find the best thread to learn more about troubleshooting pcb and schematics?

Comment

Hello guys,

My Name is Vrya, I come from Jakarta - Indonesia.
              Like to know more all about electronic...

Many thanks for the administrator who let me joint to these group...

Best Regards,

Vrya

Comment

salve a tutti membri di questo fantastico forum.
                sono pensionato appassionato di elettronica generale e tv.
                grazie allo staff del forum che mi ha permesso di unirmi a voi.
                saluti dalla sardegna italia il mio paese.

Comment

Hello, my name is Gabriel. I'm an hobbyist electronics guy, i like to thinker with everything i get new, also i'm the family repair guy. I've been working with electronics ever since i was a small child, also i like IT also.

Comment

Hello, I’m Sara. My dad was an electrician & I branched off into information tech & found I enjoyed repairing electronics & audio. I’m fairly good at it due to strictly my intelligence & ability to find the information I need. Because I really have no formal education in this field. So here I am, finding the information I need to understand caps better. Thanks guys

Comment

Hi all My name is Dennis. Live in Seaford Delaware. I am a Ford Senior Master Tech for 10 years. Been working at Ford dealers for 23 years. Been messing with computers since 1995 and recently have been fixing some flat screen TV's I'm here to learn. I'm also new to forums. There's a lot of info on here.. I think I'm going to learn a lot.

Comment

I've been doing various levels of electronics for around 10 years now. I love bringing things back to life, so I'm looking forward to getting help here.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Been searching the net for help with my broken laptop and found this awesome site, seems to be a great community, so decided to join.

Let's see how things go, I hope that I can get enough assistance to get my laptop sorted. FYI: I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to micro electronics but I am willing to learn a great deal and quite excited about it.

Comment

hello son happy to be here tnks

Comment

Hello!
                              Newbie to board repair. This place is AMAZING!

Comment

Hello Ladies and Gents, i'm in the process of upgrading my bench so i can learn component level repair on the more modern electronics (never done anything surface mount) i've found this page while i was looking for schematics for an iMac i have recently purchased as my first project, can't do much about it just yet as I'm waiting for tools and the display port ribbon that was destroyed by whoever looked inside this machine.
                                I already see that this forum will be a real mine of knowledge for me

Seb

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to the forum and also to electronics also. Please be patient with me. I recently had a Samsung plasma tv die on me. I figure this will be a good chance to learn.

Comment

Hey guys and girls this is my first post and introduction. I run a small computer repair shop and love taking things apart the fixing them. I have visited the forums for awhile but never signed up for an account. I am the tech guru in our family and enjoy all things electronics. Lot's of info on here and glad to be a part of the forums and help out when I can.

Comment

Hi my name is sean im from Minnesota. I came across this page looking up my Cambridge Soundworks.. PcWorks FourPoint Surround i picked up at a GoodWil. Was getting feed back from what I thought was the Aux plug. Opened it up and seen that it was covered in glue. Googled it and came across the thread and liked what i saw. Sort of a D.I.Y. person i like learning how to fix small electronics. in the trial and error area. I've done my own car stereo installs but i wanted to beable to fix my amp if it went out. Or at least understand why it did. So i been messing with older computers like my acer aspire 5534 that i was given but it wouldn't boot. Found iut it was just the ram. Needless to say after i figured that out i only had to get the windows 7 service pack amd like 2 days worth of updates. It runs pretty good. So know if i find something while out Thrifting and if it doesn't work as good as it should i (try to) Fix it lol

Comment

Buongiorno a tutti! I am an electronics hobbyist, wanting to develop better skills to repair electronic devices. I know computers well and am hoping to better learn electrical engineering skills. I've read a number of threads and posts from this community from google searches and it seems like a great community to be a part of!

Comment

Greetings to Everyone, and to everyone a good day. Please call me Jojo. I'm here at bad caps looking for advice on fixing my Vizio E420-A0. (It's EEPROM died when using it.)
                                          Lets have fun ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                          X